XTL-5000 question

MedicDavid78

Premium Subscriber
Hey y’all,

Got a quick question that’s boggling my mind. I have an XTL-5000 and every time I power it on manually the screen displays a readout saying “PWROFF NODELAY” for a second and then boots up normally. I’ve tried googling and have gotten nowhere. Can someone tell me what “PWROFF NODELAY” means cuz this is a new one for me in years of programming radios & scanners... Thanks!

No, does it still need one even tho I'm not using the IGN? I turn it on and off manually with the push-button. My setup didn't come with an IGN Sense wire.

XTLs can get away without ignition (though none of the 5000’s I have setup do that) but they have to have the emergency pin jumped to ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My base XTL’s don’t have the ign wire, but the ign setting in the CPS is programmed that it doesn’t need the 12 volt ign wire. But the plug still needs to be plugged in for the speaker, & jumper, so the radio will work. However in my car, the XTL’s have the ign wire connected to key hot, & the CPS is set to look for the 12 volts when I start the car. So no matter what, the acc plug must be attached to the back of the radio.

MedicDavid78

Premium Subscriber
What I’m really curious about tho is, does anyone know what it means? What does Power Off No Delay mean? I’ve never seen or heard of that in all my years of CPS or radios...

Take a look in your codeplug at Radio Wide > Advanced II tab, under Power Off Keypress Duration (ms), you probably have a number plugged in there. PWROFF NODELAY means the Control Head does not support this feature. Set the value to zero and the message will not appear.

See the CPS help file for more information (there isn't much more information): Power Off Keypress Duration.

I don't know what CHs are capable. My 2 O5 heads are not.

MedicDavid78

Premium Subscriber
Take a look in your codeplug at Radio Wide > Advanced II tab, under Power Off Keypress Duration (ms), you probably have a number plugged in there. PWROFF NODELAY means the Control Head does not support this feature. Set the value to zero and the message will not appear.

See the CPS help file for more information (there isn't much more information): Power Off Keypress Duration.

That’s exactly what I have is an O5 Control Head, LOL. And I thought I knew CPS in-and-out. I just changed the value and I’ll go out and plug it in in a minute. Thanks for your help!

MedicDavid78

Premium Subscriber

Thank you, that solved the problem!