• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL1500 Programming Cable part #

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
That's it. It's capable of programming multiple radios. using one right now with an XTL2500

TheWarlock

That's it. It's capable of programming multiple radios. using one right now with an XTL2500

Thanks. Also when programming do you also require a power supply for it if so what is that part #.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro-91, MTS 2000 800MHz, Astro Saber VHF, APX 6000 7/800MHz

sfd119

It's a USB cable, it doesn't need power from anything special other than the computer its plugged into. Unless you're talking about the radio, which needs to be on (12v).

TheWarlock

It's a USB cable, it doesn't need power from anything special other than the computer its plugged into. Unless you're talking about the radio, which needs to be on (12v).

Yes I mean the radio. What is the part number for the 12 volt power adapter?

TheWarlock

sfd119

I don't mean to be rude but these are fundamental radio questions and if you can't answer them, why are you programming?

To answer your question, you'll need a power supply to hook the 12v to the power in the wall. Google is your friend. Astron Power Supply should be a good start for you to start researching.

N4KVE

Mobile radios run off 12-13.8 volts DC. The plug in the wall at home [or anywhere] supplies 117 volts AC current. You will need a 12 volt power supply like Astron, or a dozen other companies make to supply 12 volts to the radio from the wall. Or, you can simply bring a car battery in the house to power the radio. But as said before, this is basic radio 101. Even my wife who knows ZERO about radios knows this.
Astron Power Supplies

TheWarlock

Mobile radios run off 12-13.8 volts DC. The plug in the wall at home [or anywhere] supplies 117 volts AC current. You will need a 12 volt power supply like Astron, or a dozen other companies make to supply 12 volts to the radio from the wall. Or, you can simply bring a car battery in the house to power the radio. But as said before, this is basic radio 101. Even my wife who knows ZERO about radios knows this.
Astron Power Supplies

Thank you all. I'm 19 and have no experience with electricity conversation. Thanks

N4KVE

All this 12 volt mobile radios used in a house requiring a 12 volt power supply was learned while getting my Novice license. Read up on the differences between a linear, vs switching power supply. Good luck.

Last edited:

TheWarlock

All this 12 volt mobile radios used in a house requiring a 12 volt power supply was learned while getting my Novice license. Read up on the differences between a linear, vs switching power supply. Good luck.

Absolutely. Will do. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.