• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL5000 Programming Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9ROD

I am programming a XTL5000 for a trunking system. On a code plug I have for a XTS2500, there is the ability to select the type of personality. ie: Conv or Tk I am basically cloning the two. Everything else is in place and looks good. Am I missing a particular check box, or what? I have a trunking system, but when I open the "Zone Channel Assignment" the box "Personality Type" is missing. I get one is portable and the other is mobile, but the option to select this should be there. Thanks, Rod

clbsquared

If you’re cloning the codeplug from one Astro 25 series radio to another, open both codeplugs and have them side by side on your screen. Load the system keys into both codeplugs. Then you can do a top node drag and drop. Left click/hold on the top of the tree and drag from the cloner, to the clonee . Release the button and wait for the update to finish and then fix your errors, if any. This should carry over any and all pertinent information for your zone channel assignments.

I’ve also seen where some columns are hidden and just need to be expanded under the view selection in the top tool bar. ie hide/ unhide or “expert “ view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hitechRadio

They RID must be different from (assuming you have a sys key). Duplicates radio ID's (aka...Unit Id) on a trunking system will/may cause problems. You should contact your trunk system admin and let him know what your trying to accomplish, he will help you out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.