• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

xts 3000 astro

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
for some reason im putting in my rx as 460.3175 and my tx as 465.3175 i cannot get my radio to open the repeater but in talkaround its great can anybody out there help me i got right pl just stumped anything would help thank you.

kjl13

QRT
Make sure you are talking in repeater mode and not direct, check the frequencies and the act as tones.

Also make sure the info is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Are you using MDC? Make sure that your MDC settings are the same as the console or repeater is set up, or that could give issues.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
i have wrong frequency i apologize , yes they are correct now but the other issue is that they are using harris radios ,i am using mdc but i don really need it i just wanna be able to open the repeater . lrt me double check it now i be back.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
Frequency Input

License Type Tone Alpha
- Dispatch FMN Fire Dispatch 460.13750 465.13750 WQBR275 RM192.8 PLFire OpsFire - Operations
this is what i have in radio i set it up rx 460.1375 tx 465.1375 button 2 t/a but it will not go direct dont know why .

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
First off, let’s ensure that your PL/DPL code are correct as well as your frequency.

Once that’s out of the way, disable MDC unless your agency/department uses it. Otherwise, it’s really just a senseless data/id burst. Sounds like you have the channel checked off as a constant talk-about frequency. I believe this can be disabled under zone channel assignment, scrolling all the way to the right. If you want to be able to use the frequency on TA, enable a button to turn TA on and off on any frequency. That’s the best bet

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
First off, let’s ensure that your PL/DPL code are correct as well as your frequency.

Once that’s out of the way, disable MDC unless your agency/department uses it. Otherwise, it’s really just a senseless data/id burst. Sounds like you have the channel checked off as a constant talk-about frequency. I believe this can be disabled under zone channel assignment, scrolling all the way to the right. If you want to be able to use the frequency on TA, enable a button to turn TA on and off on any frequency. That’s the best bet
ok i tryed it just still works on t/a im stumped will not open repeater .

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Are you sure you are in range of the repeater?

Other issue that sometimes happens...
If the radio is out of alignment and the PL deviation is too low, it won't trigger the repeater.

So, what's the history of this radio? Did you buy it used? Has it been checked out by a competent technician? Where are you getting your programming info from?

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
e bay , yes used yes he said alignment was checked by a moto dealer also but cant figure it out.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
e bay , yes used yes he said alignment was checked by a moto dealer also but cant figure it out.

Are you trying to listen to the repeater with another portable close by? When you un-key do you hear the repeater transmitting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
no portable close by when i unkey i hear nothing, strange done these before cant get where i went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.