• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 3000 non affiliate scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TactileGamer

Hey guys I need some help on a question about programming an XTS 3000 radio for scanning. What makes its to where the radio will not affiliate while programming the radio? How many personalities and scan list do I need in order for the radio to not affiliate?

KM4WLV

If you'll do a Google search for "Non Affiliate Scan on Motorola Radio" or something similar and you'll find pages & pages of results. But I agree, if you have to ask the questions that you did which are basic knowledge when it comes to this then I would do a lot of studying before even beginning to attempt this.

People do it successfully all the time. However, as someone who is a daily user of a P25 public safety system I tend to shudder when it's asked or mentioned when someone asks basic questions that someone that is remotely familiar with Motorola radios would know. Until you've done a lot more studying on it I wouldn't even remotely attempt it. Especially when there are units such as the Unication G4 & G5 on the market, along with the new Uniden SDS100 that is soon to be released. There are a number of system managers out there that watch their systems like a hawk & if they see a rouge ID pop up by someone not authorized, i.e. someone attempting to program a unit for Non Affiliate Scan, they'll inhibit in a heart beat. And often these days they are more apt to prosecute someone for it.

Understand I'm not trying to sound like the SARP, just wanted to offer some encouragement to build your knowledge base, stay out of trouble, and ensure the safety of those who are authorized users of whatever system(s) you're trying to monitor.

I_am_Alpha1

Hey guys I need some help on a question about programming an XTS 3000 radio for scanning. What makes its to where the radio will not affiliate while programming the radio? How many personalities and scan list do I need in order for the radio to not affiliate?

I tried to send you a PM/E-Mail...your account doesn't allow them. You may not get the help you are asking for on this forum...as you can see (mentoring is not the norm here). The XTS3000 or 5000 will not do P25 Phase 2 if that's what you are trying. Doesn't matter what options are in it. If you are wanting it for the Air Force Base, they are going to be encrypted so it won't work for that either. If for other P25 Phase 1 system, you will need option Q361 in the flashcode, along with the required matching options, or it won't work. Visit austech.info and do a search for xts3000 non-affiliated scan. Also visit youtube.com and search for the same thing. You can also search for XTS5000 non-affiliated scan--it may be more popular of a radio. If you want to be extra cautious, connect your radio to a dummy load after programming it...if you see the red light flash at any time, you did it wrong and it's trying to affiliate--and you will get in serious federal trouble if it does. The CPS software is a major PITA...very non-user friendly. Write out on paper what you want to do...it will help when you have to match conventional personalities, trunking personalities, scan lists, and zone lists.

crazyboy

Coming soon to a thread near you “how do I un-inhibit my xts3000.”

djeplett

To do it properly takes a lot of learning. The YouTube videos make it look so easy. Once you have read enough it actually is pretty easy, but that's the catch: reading enough. Prepare to take weeks, if not months, to learn all you need to know. The info is out there. But it is not something you should take lightly. The forum post on non-affiliate scanning over at communications.support is probably the best thing to read and digest IN IT'S ENTIRETY:
https://communications.support/threads/118-No-Affiliate-Trunked-Scan-Discussion

SCPD

QRT
On the 3000 you just check the “do not affiliate” box. You don’t even have to scan. That all applies to newer radios.

Lol you mean the ptt inhibit box? Oh boy we must be safe now nothing could go absolutely wrong here =)

i would pay someone who KNOWs how do program the radio then your SAFE
What System? State? County?

jhooten

"No Comms"

Only way to keep it from affiliating.

I’ve been retired for eight years now. There is a local guy who still cusses me when he sees me because of the box of dead XTS3Ks he has I killed.

He is one clue I will give. When you clone a radio ID make sure it is not the sysop’s number.

djeplett

When done correctly, NAS programming will keep it from affiliating. However, getting rid of the transmitter section is a sure fire way of keeping it from ever affiliating, that's for sure.

I read where it was possible on a mobile (Don't remember if it was a Spectra or an XTL5000) to disconnect the PA inside the radio with just removing one wire. IIRC I read that some guy put it on a switch even. That would be much easier and less destructive than doing the same on a handheld.

"No Comms"

If you get that error you've done NAS programming wrong.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy

Yes. However, you still have to use the NAS method to program the radio as simply removing the transmit section and programming the radio as a regular subscriber will have the radio displaying the "No Comms" error as it will still try to register/affiliate (just won't put out anything) and get hung up there without ever tying to scan talkgroups.

When done correctly, NAS programming will keep it from affiliating. However, getting rid of the transmitter section is a sure fire way of keeping it from ever affiliating, that's for sure.

I read where it was possible on a mobile (Don't remember if it was a Spectra or an XTL5000) to disconnect the PA inside the radio with just removing one wire. IIRC I read that some guy put it on a switch even. That would be much easier and less destructive than doing the same on a handheld.

If you get that error you've done NAS programming wrong.

See above. Again, if you remove or disconnect the TX section of the radio you still have to program NAS otherwise the radio will still attempt to register/affiliate and without the TX section functioning the radio will go into a "No Comms" error.

djeplett

Yes. However, you still have to use the NAS method to program the radio as simply removing the transmit section and programming the radio as a regular subscriber will have the radio displaying the "No Comms" error as it will still try to register/affiliate (just won't put out anything) and get hung up there without ever tying to scan talkgroups.

See above. Again, if you remove or disconnect the TX section of the radio you still have to program NAS otherwise the radio will still attempt to register/affiliate and without the TX section functioning the radio will go into a "No Comms" error.
Yep. I wasn't disagreeing with you but simply adding to what you said so anybody reading this thread who was thinking of learning how to do it would realize if they get "No Comms" they did it wrong.

Also it was good of you to add that removing the transmit section still doesn't mean you can scan a system safely. You still need to program the radio correctly so it will scan. But at least you have no chance of interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.