• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS Charger Adapter for APX??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hey guys! Has anybody had the chance to use a NNTN7687 or NNTN7687A yet? It's an adapter/converter that allows you to charge an APX7000 in a charger for an XTS5000... I know Motorola makes it I'm just wondering how it works and how well it charges, is there a difference between using the adapter on the XTS charger vs charging the APX in an APX-designated charger... Thanks

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
We use them and they work great. There is virtually no difference in how they charge the radio versus the original APX chargers.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Re: XTS Charger Adapter for APX

We use them and they work great. There is virtually no difference in how they charge the radio versus the original APX chargers.

And is it just a part that slides into the charging slot on the charger and the APX fits inside it?

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Correct. That's all it is. Which is very convenient in our case as we have the XTS5000 and APX7000 radios.

I'm in the same situation. And is there only 1 particular adapter or is there other models?

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure how many models exist but I know of at least two. One for the single charger and the one for thr bank charger. They're not interchangeable, at least they weren't when I looked into it over a year ago.

SCPD

QRT
You'll need firmware version 3.4 or later in the xts charger. We have numerous xts chargers with the drop in adapter for apx units and they are fine. Few of the guys wanted one at office and station while having the apx charger at home. So we kept the xts ones and got the drop in for them for the apx batteries. Works fine and has no issues.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Yes my charger actually has Version 3.9 so I should be good.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Have it for both the multi-unit and single unit charger versions. Works as advertised with no issues.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Excellent! Thanks guys. I appreciate the quick replies!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.