• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS MDC Decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacsharpe

Does an XTS model radio require "Enhanced Digital ID Display" to decode and display MDC on the screen on an Analog Conventional channel?
Thanks in advance, Zac

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
That's for Astro 25 systems..does it have H35 Conventional Operation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zacsharpe

Q806 ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H869 Hardware Multikey Encryption
H38 SmartZone Systems Operation
Q446 Fireground Voice/Channel Announcement

This is what it has. I need it to be able to decode/encode MDC1200, QCII, and DTMF on conventional analog channels.

Flash code doesn't matter. As long as it's a conventional XTS series radio, Id decoding should work just fine (MDC only) but if your looking for P25, Id deciding, not all XTS radios support it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RKG

In the context of MDC1200 and a subscriber radio, "decoding" means the ability to detect and respond to an MDC command addressed to the subscriber, such as a Call Alert or Radio Check. (Or Radio Kill.)

In the same context, "Caller ID" means the ability to display the identity of some other subscriber that has sent its MDC PTT ID and, if desired, translate that ID (which is a 4-digit hexadecimal number) into a user defined alias.

So far as I am aware, all XTS 3000, 2500 and 5000 radios will decode MDC1200. However, a firmware option is required to display Caller ID.

But displaying the MDC caller ID isn't. That you need the correct option for and if you don't have it, it won't show on the display.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hey Zac, I will weigh in here, I own several XTS5000 radios including Digital 800 trunking & a VHF one. I live in central North Carolina and use my VHF XTS5000 quite often and have no issues decoding MDC-1200 and Unit/radio ID's using the steps I have typed below...

In order to use MDC-1200 on your radio I would make sure your Flashcode has a minimum of the following anyways:

H35 - Conventional Systems Operation
Q806 - ASTRO Digital Operation
H14 - Enhanced Digital ID Display
Q182 - Radio Control Protocol

I program radios myself so naturally my flashcode has more, but those are just the minimum for MDC-1200. Next you have to read the radio, under Conventional click on the MDC tab, when it expands you have to click MDC System and under the General tab make sure you check mark Leading PTT-ID and Trailing PTT-ID, then under the Advanced tab I have check marked Emergency Alarm RX Indicator and for Sel Call/In-Call reset I made it Manual. Since I am assuming you just want to decode MDC and not actually send any out or transmit any, we are done with this part.

Go back out to the main menu for CPS and expand Conventional Personality. Once you make the personality you want to decode the MDC on click on the Signaling tab, make Signaling Type to MDC and make sure System Number underneath it is 1. Click the MDC tab now and make sure under Decode you have check marked: Selective Call Decode and Call Alert Decode, and for Unmute type make it: Or. Under that you can leave the Encode portion alone as long as you aren't going to transmit any MDC data.

I hope this helps, PM me if there's any more issues or just reply on here.

••David

schlng10

Finally some information...

MedicDavid78, I have been searching on more info on how to program to transmit and receive MDC ID. The reply was greatly helpful on the Rx MDC programming but also was looking for the Tx MDC programming as well for my XTS5000.

Thanks

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Well as far as transmitting MDC it’s basically the same as receiving it. Under your Conventional Personality Signalling tab make sure MDC is set for receive & transmit, then under the MDC tab make sure the Encode options are checked for the transmit part. Then go back to the main menu tree and for Signalling then MDC SYSTEM make sure that Leading & Trailing PTT ID is checked along with PTT Sidetone if you wanna know when it’s clear to talk, similar to a talk permit tone for trunking, same principle. If you still have trouble I can help later on when I get home as I don’t have my programs in front of me this moment, this is all recalling off my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.