• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Xts2250 codeplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanbressan

Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon! Does anyone know how to reset the motorola xts2250? forgot codeplug .... thanks

sfd119

There is no "reset" to these radios. What's going on with it? It should have a codeplug in it already.

vanbressan

Premium Subscriber
I forgot the codeplug. When I plug in the computer it asks the codeplug and I do not remember ... Is it possible to recover?

sfd119

You don't forget the codeplug. You should be able to read the radio and get the codeplug if you do not have the codeplug saved.

vanbressan

Premium Subscriber
I do not know how why I asked for help ... when I connect the radio he asks for a password to enter the software and I do not know this password ....

sfd119

I do not know how why I asked for help ... when I connect the radio he asks for a password to enter the software and I do not know this password ....

Hey, I'm trying to help you the best I can with the information you are providing. Don't get upset with me.

As for the password, You'll need to know the password to the radio, otherwise you are sunk. There are other methods to get the passwords, but you'll have to search for them.

vanbressan

Premium Subscriber
I know andI'm very grateful for your help so we are talking. Sorry looked different in the way I have written ok? But where to start this search please help me ...

SCPD

QRT
The password cannot be removed. Who ever wrote it before secured it for reasons. If you bought it ask the seller to find out or give it to you. The 2250 is a south amerI can roll out typically Brazil law enforcment or fire or national police. rare to see this model elsewhere but possible if surplus. Is it a work radio? It's basically same thing as a xts2500 Minus housing name and flashcode but minor options. A rebranded 2500. There is a way to find the password in the codeplug file code using hex or something to that effect but I never had to worry about that. I heard that in past anyway but never done or seen it confirmed. If it's yours and you want a fresh codeplug to add and could care less about what's on it now you'd just need a basic codeplug with same model number and flash. Write the basic code plug to radio. I've seen surplus get left with passwords and people just find a matching bare codeplug matching flash code and model. If you bought it might wanna check the serial and see if it's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.