• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS2500 PTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2NEC

How does one go about replacing the XTS2500 PTT? I have a BN 2500 with a PTT that cracked right in the middle and I want to replace it. The issue isn't finding the replacement part, it's how to get it in. From what I can tell it has 4 'fins' in each corner that hold it in place. How you you insert this into the housing without breaking the fins? It doesn't seem like there is any way to do it except from the outside so you you just have to flex those fins and the PTT and hope it doesn't break? Is there a trick that I should know about? How do I get the old one out? Just rip it out or wiggle it out somehow?

K2NEC

What about this? It's the exact piece I need and it looks like you can just replace it. Or the side plastic can be replaced entirely. But it looks like that plastic is held together with glue of some sorts not snaps or screws.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I don't have the part number but the ptt paddle piece use to be order able. These days being eol idk. You could try wiscom. I had got some while back them or Sandy communications. There should be a flea bay seller also.

It would be easier to just replace the small ptt paddle itself over removing the whole ptt side plate.

The new ptt paddle button you'd need to carefully insert the bottom then the top. They are in fact a common part that would break overtime and be replaced. They are aa bad as the sma soldering coming off from the rf board.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
How does one go about replacing the XTS2500 PTT? I have a BN 2500 with a PTT that cracked right in the middle and I want to replace it. The issue isn't finding the replacement part, it's how to get it in. From what I can tell it has 4 'fins' in each corner that hold it in place. How you you insert this into the housing without breaking the fins? It doesn't seem like there is any way to do it except from the outside so you you just have to flex those fins and the PTT and hope it doesn't break? Is there a trick that I should know about? How do I get the old one out? Just rip it out or wiggle it out somehow?
If I recall you slide it down enough to carefully pull the top out, same for install. The fins give enough but be careful not to over bend them.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I have hundreds of them. We replace them all the time. Send me your address and I'll send you a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.