• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 User selectable scan list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to set up the XTS3000 (model 3) for a user selectable scan list? (all conventional channels).

I have set up scan lists, and the A/B/C switch is set up for: Scan on/scan off/scan program. But in the scan program position, "SEL" and "DEL" are shown on the screen, but it will not allow me to select or deselect any channel (I get the low "boop" tone when I try it). The orange top button is set for Nuisance scan delete, but when you turn the channel knob any deleted channel is then unlocked.

Scan does work, but only within the pre established lists. I would like to be able to choose, on the radio, what channels to scan, like you can on the HT1000, JT1000, MT1000, etc.

The Personality list has a scan tab, but there seems to be more than that needed to set this up. The Scan Lists seems to be just for setting up permanent scan lists.

Can someone tell me how to set this up to do what I want?

SLWilson

It should...

I'd have someone double-check the program setup. It SHOULD work if the SEL and DEL is visible....

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Make sure in the Scan List dialog, "General" tab, that "Priority 1", "Priority 2", and "Non-Priority Members" are ALL set to "Operator Select". You likely have them on "Fixed".

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Jay911 said:
Make sure in the Scan List dialog, "General" tab, that "Priority 1", "Priority 2", and "Non-Priority Members" are ALL set to "Operator Select". You likely have them on "Fixed".

Yep, that was the issue. Fixed now.

One last question: I know the "Z" icon on the display indicates scanning is on, but what is the significance of the small dot to the lower right of the Z scan icon? (sometimes flashing, sometimes not). The only thing I can figure it indicates is a priority channel?

Pat

Premium Subscriber
Isn't it flashing dot = priority 1, steady dot = priority 2?

Pat

SuperPuma

Are you able to scan a couple of talkgroups in the same system and a couple of conventional channels at the same time?

When trying to set up a scan list, the radio will only allow trunked talkgroups, conventional channel shows SEL & DEL but only gets a bonk when either is pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.