• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 DPL issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I can’t find anything. My XTS5000 will unmute for “interference” from something electronic when using a DPL. If I put the XTS5000 next to the HT1250 both monitoring the same frequency and dpl, the XTS5000 unmutes and you hear the static. The HT1250 LED blinks like there is off pl traffic, but it doesn’t unmute. If I set the XTS5000 to use a tpl on the same frequency, it does not unmute for the interference and acts just like the HT1250. I tried all the Unmute/Mute types without success. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Boy that's really odd! The mute/unmute conditions should not make a difference as long as there is a PL programmed in receive and you don;t have monitor enabled. I have had falsing problems before, but more with TPL, not DPL. This is not during scan is it?

fineshot1

In the conventional personality for the channel > RX Options Tab > "Unmute / Mute Type" should be = And unMute, Or Mute.

If not use the drop down and change it to that selection.

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Thanks. It is set to AND/OR already. I actaully tried all the settings and they all do the same thing.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
if the serial number is 320CFK or earlier and this is a UHF radio it may be the 16.8 clock causing it. M had a service bulletin out on it. close proximity caused distorted RX and this could cause a false decode. there were several close proximity bulletins on the older XTS5000 units.

KC2JS

Feed Provider
The serial number is 320CHR and it is UHF. Can these bulletins be found on MOL?

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
that one is newer then and should not be affected by the covered issues. as to finding the bulletins, i don't know what your account level lets you get. but they are under the resource center and then service on my account. i tried the etech support first, it did not come up with anything close to your problem, so i searched the resource center and found several bulletins but they were all for older release UHF 5000's.

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Thanks. It's not that big of a deal. I have only noticed it in one spot in my house. I thought maybe the signal itself had something to cause the false dpl match, but it happens with every DPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.