• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt9638

Premium Subscriber
I have a XTS5000 UHF range 2 radio, here is my question...

I am located in a county that utilizes a trunking system along with many dept utilizing there own non trunking system. i would like to set my radio to listen to the trunk system as a seperate zone becuas ein major incidents or mutual aid type jobs it is nice to know what is going on but i have no need to transmit on the system, much like a bearcat scanner with trunking capability. Is this possible? my radio flash code is as followed

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
Q498: Hardware Multikey Encryption w/ OTAR
H43: Trunked Remote Monitor/Radio Trace
H46: Trunked One Touch Status Message
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
G857: FDNY Emergency Rx/Tx Tone Set
Q947: APCO Packet Data Interface
Q387: Conventional Voting Scan
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
Q445: Fireground Accountability Software
Q446: Fireground Voice/Channel Announcement
Q667: ADP Software Encryption

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't sound like you know to much about two way radios, no offense. Thing is if you don't know what you are doing you can really screw things up for the users of the system if you set the radio up wrong and have it accidentally affiliate. The information to use your XTS5000 as a scanner is out there, but you will also need a special file called a system key to even be able to start programming the system. You cant edit anything in the trunking field without a valid system key. If you really want to use your two way to listen to a trunked system start searching the web, the information is out there, with a little help from a Friend I learned how to use these radios as scanners and they work great. You just have to know how to set up the radio correctly and know how these systems work. If you are not familiar with two way radios, I would sell the 5000 and buy a couple digital trunking scanners. It will more than likely be a lot less of a headache to go with a scanner.

Bob

Matt9638

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am familiar with radios and programming. I went on this forum not looking to sell a radio but advice. I have multiple use for this radio. I have a the code plug for the trunk system. Again I am looking for a how to or a point in the correct direction. Thanks.

station32

Well It is illegal for you to posses the system key unless authorized from the system administartor and the chance they will authorize that is slim to none. So i recomend if you want to listen to the system is buy your self a nice digital scanner. Sorry for the bad news.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
As long as its a Motorola system you'll be fine. You've got all the old Motorola trunking formats covered with the Smartzone option and the newer P25 systems covered with the ASTRO25 option.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am familiar with radios and programming. I went on this forum not looking to sell a radio but advice. I have multiple use for this radio. I have a the code plug for the trunk system. Again I am looking for a how to or a point in the correct direction. Thanks.

Having a code plug with the system you want to listen is good. But you will need to use a system key to edit some parameters of the system so you do not affiliate with it. Make sense right. If you don't have a key you can either make one with your favorite hex editor or just use word pad. Or do a google search for Motorola system key generator. It's out there in the wild and not hard to find.:cool: Also do some reading up on this topic and educate yourself. Also read here. https://www.p25.ca/cmps_index.php Lots of good stuff for learning all about this topic of no affilate scanning. Have fun now!

Status
Not open for further replies.