• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 Trunking Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AES-256

I would reevaluate your need to have more than 50 personalities.

Why would I have to, We have 18 different systems programed for Task Force use, the use of Dynamic Regrouping by other jurisdictions are eating up the personalities.

com501

ALL FPP portables have AT LEAST 240 personalities from the factory.

Its not the personality number, its the total occupied memory in the radio codeplug that is the issue.

2048 personalities? Super! Conventional only, probably. FPP? What a nightmare! Imagine how long codeplug reads and writes would be.....

XTS3000

Its not the personality number, its the total occupied memory in the radio codeplug that is the issue.

2048 personalities? Super! Conventional only, probably. FPP? What a nightmare! Imagine how long codeplug reads and writes would be.....

XTS5000 with 16 channels takes around 8-10 seconds to write via USB, with 1500 channels, takes 15-18 seconds. I, for one can wait an additional 10 seconds for the luxery of having 2048 channels. If you don't have AADD, then 2048 channels is worth it.

Batwings21

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Trunking personalities and conventional personalities are different things and there maximums are controlled by the cps, maximum channels is different and is controlled by bits in the codeplug that the cps looks at to determine the max.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Those 2047 can be any mix of trunking or conventional, FPP or otherwise. I can't see any reason why they would be conventional only. Only limiting factors I can think of would be the maximum number of talkgroups per personality, and the maximum number of personalities.

Incidentally, on a fast (new) computer, a fully loaded 5k codeplug takes about 5 minutes to read and is over 250k.

com501

Those 2047 can be any mix of trunking or conventional, FPP or otherwise. I can't see any reason why they would be conventional only. Only limiting factors I can think of would be the maximum number of talkgroups per personality, and the maximum number of personalities.

Incidentally, on a fast (new) computer, a fully loaded 5k codeplug takes about 5 minutes to read and is over 250k.

Exactly my point. Time to go get a cup of coffee and a donut from the break room, while it loads. Maybe Windows 8 will be faster and I'll get a 12gHz processor....

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Exactly my point. Time to go get a cup of coffee and a donut from the break room, while it loads. Maybe Windows 8 will be faster and I'll get a 12gHz processor....

Of course this is all assuming your rocking R9.00 firmware which FORCES you to have 240 or maximum number of personalities for FPP ;). With your neighborhood secret squirrel trickery, you can do trunking and FPP (with a variable number of personalities for FPP) in a R16.00.00 firmware radio... [Been there done that ;)] Gotta ignore Ma-/\/\'s literature when your dealing with eBay or non-public safety radios. I for one consider all radios that don't come from some governmental agency [either that or Motorola directly] to have been messed with by the wrong people.

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
But they can all be returned back to whatever (gov config) anyone would ever want so the hardware condition is the only real issue.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
There's no FPP restrictions unless you go OVER version 9 CPS. 9 and below, you're all good. Firmware and CPS version aren't dependant on each other. My buddy's radio is Host/DSP 15 but programs with CPS 9.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
There's no FPP restrictions unless you go OVER version 9 CPS. 9 and below, you're all good. Firmware and CPS version aren't dependant on each other. My buddy's radio is Host/DSP 15 but programs with CPS 9.

:D Trunking and FPP work fine when using CPS over R9.00. Assuming you've done the secret squirrel techniques properly...

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Yes, they work fine. However the first 250 modes in the radio will be forced to be FPP. But that's really not a big deal - nobody says you HAVE to use FPP on them.

dgower

Premium Subscriber
Channel capacity has nothing to do with Flashcode. Flashcode refers to specific features such as FPP, SmartZone, Encryption, etc... The number of channels the radio is capable of is a firmware/core feature set that isn't modifiable with a Flashcode upgrade. The radio has to be ordered that way from Motorola. Just the same as when the 5000 originally came out, it supported 832 channels, but with a firmware upgrade it then was capable of 1024.

Actually when the 5000 first came out it would only do 512 channels. We still have some floating around like that.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Actually when the 5000 first came out it would only do 512 channels. We still have some floating around like that.

To be brutally honest I do agree actually. Since pre-R7.00.00 firmware radios were limited to 512 channels then towards R12.00.00 they increased this to 1024 (or 800 something on 2500), supposedly R16.00.00 (or the previous version) was supposed to bump that up even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.