• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000R quit working after battery died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyD714

I've been using this to feed our feed for a few years, sitting in a charger base. Had to replace the battery once about 1-1/2 years ago.

Recently something was happening and their boss said to meet him on another channel so he could chew their asses. I picked the radio out of the charger, switched to the other channel, listened to the boss chewing their asses and then switched back to the main channel... but I forgot to drop it back into the base.

A cpl days later I noticed it still on the desk and not in the base and of course the battery was dead.
I put it in the charger and the red light came on on the charger, but the radio was still silent. I turned it off for about 1/2 hour to let the battery charge some and then turned the radio back on.

The radio worked for about 15 minutes, then fell silent. when I checked on it the screen was blank.
I turned it of and on again and it flashed "Self Check" real fast (1/10 of a second) then died.

That's all it does now. I even got a new battery for it and still flashed "self check" and nothing.

How is it possible that running a battery dead on it could kill it? This is supposed to be military grade ****.

Does anyone have any insight on this situation?

Thanx for any help at all.

JoeyD

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Is this a trunked radio?

KevinC

Super Moderator
Did it get inhibited? When you changed TG's it should have affiliated and if it isn't "legally" on the system it probably got inhibited.

JoeyD714

Been using it for a few years, powering up, changing TGs affiliating, no problem... until now.
Even if it did get "inhibited" shouldn't at least power up and say something on the screen?
all it does is flash "Self Check" real fast, so fast if you blink you can miss it.

KevinC

Super Moderator
If it's inhibited it should appear "dead", pretty much what yours is doing.

I can't be 100% positive yours is inhibited, but if it isn't an authorized radio on the system and you are affiliating, there is a very good chance it got inhibited.

You have been listening on borrowed time.

tornado229

If it was inhibited they have to undo the inhibit. If you send it to Motorola they will contact the system administrator and say why did you inhibit this radio, to which they will reply, so that's the little twirp that was in our system. But I guess we don't know for sure of it was inhibited.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

KevinC

Super Moderator
Bad timing?

But seriously, even if it by some chance it isn't inhibited, it really has no user serviceable parts so you'll have to take it somewhere for repair...and possibly answer some questions.

Maybe someone else will jump in with another suggestion???

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

tornado229

When you turn it on does the top led blink or even turn on for a short period of time?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

mm

When the battery started to go flat the radio shut off. After some time the battery voltage recovered just enough and the radio turned on and affiliated. After some time the battery went flat and the radio shut off again and this cycle of flat battery radio turning off then battery recover then affiliate repeated until the radio was stunned and the result is what you have now. Now my question is why did you program your radio with affiliation turned on and where did you find the missleading programming information that you obviously used?

SCPD

QRT
Why don't you try reading the radio with CPS? CPS will tell if if, in fact, the radio is inhibited.

How does one uninhibit a radio? System Admin can do it. Motorola can do it. It can also be done with the right tools.

mm

Pm'ing me won't do any good. And please don't say you got the programming method from my original batlabs post from years ago because my method specifically mentions how to use the hidden Talkgroup method of scanning safely. Also I don't have depot tools access anymore so I can't fix a stunned radio.

JoeyD714

So by "Stunned" you actually mean "inhibited"?

And where can I read that "original batlabs post from years ago"? that would be fascinating educational reading even thought it may not apply to this case.

SCPD

QRT

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
100% sounds like your radio was inhibited. Regardless of the posts on how to do the non-affiliate scanning, you now need to get the radio uninhibited (can't be done with the regular CPS either).

KevinC

Super Moderator
Been using it for a few years, powering up, changing TGs affiliating, no problem... until now..

I know this doesn't help you, but...

I hope no admin of the system reads this forum. ;)

Even if it wasn't inhibited.

Status
Not open for further replies.