Yaesu Digital HT P25??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, very interesting. Can't find any information on any of Vertex Standard's websites. I'm curious too.

W2NJS

Vertex has been making and selling P25 commercial HTs for several years now. It's not such a stretch for them to come out with a dualband P25 radio under the Yaesu (amateur line) brand. Remember that they're now owned by Motorola.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Very interesting... Too bad Yaesu does not update their website often enough

groftcc

Premium Subscriber
It would be nice if it was P25, but as we all know just because it's IMBE doesnt mean its P25. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Craig

mancow

Database Admin
But, IMBE is a vocoder type. It can be implemented on any air interface as long as there is enough data to move it. C4FM on the label is just the modulation (air interface) type. That's my understanding or am I missing something?

The label placed on the glass case in front of the ht has "C4FM" and "FDMA" in english
on it and if it is FDMA then it must be IMBE.

nd5y

It may be only for the Japanese market.
Yaesu (Vertex Standard) doesn't have any recent FCC Authorization grants for it.

fineshot1

But, IMBE is a vocoder type. It can be implemented on any air interface as long as there is enough data to move it. C4FM on the label is just the modulation (air interface) type. That's my understanding or am I missing something?

Either of these two links will answer your questions. Since Yaesu is part of Vertex and Vertex
is now owned by Motorola you can draw your own conclusions after reading the info in those links.

Project 25 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

If it was P25 it would probably say P25 since that would be a huge selling point. If this were a Icom it would say DSTAR, not digital or C4FM, cuz that would not be the way to advertise it. prcguy

We do not yet know the politics of this pre-release info. We may have to wait to get the
skinny on that, but if it was DSTAR it would not be IMBE but rather AMBE.

I bet it's some DMR thing.

If it were DMR it would be TDMA and not FDMA.

Isn't conventional operation in IMBE the same as conventional operation in P25? GARY N4KVE

Yes if you are referring to Motorola Astro P25

It may be only for the Japanese market.
Yaesu (Vertex Standard) doesn't have any recent FCC Authorization grants for it.

This is also possible but again we won't know more until an official announcement.

n7mk

"If it were DMR it would be TDMA and not FDMA."

MOTOTRBO is TDMA. IDAS (Icom) and NEXEDGE (Kenwood) DMR are FDMA.

asd6845

Also, M/A Com's ProVoice uses the C4FM, IMBE and FDMA as well. That is why their radios are capable of using ProVoice or P25. The European TETRA is also based on C4FM an FDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.