Yaesu: YAESU FT2D / Programming Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6TAE

All:

I have a Yaesu FT-2DR and just had Yaesu update the firmware to the latest version;

MAIN Ver. : 2.02
Sub Ver. : 2.01
DSP Ver. : 4.30

After having the radio updated, the Yaesu tech told me the memory has been wiped clean and all of the programming would need to be re-entered. I told him I have been using RT Systems software for the programming and he told me to make sure I was using to latest version of the software or it wouldn’t work. Currently the RT Systems software I am using is;

FT2D Programmer
Version 5.00.44

At this point I have updated my RT System software for my radio and I still can’t get the radio to read the data from the SD Card. After I format the SD Card in the radio and place it into the PC to download the file, everything appears to work fine. When I reload the SD Card back into the FT-2DR and try to load the file, I get the “Not Completed” message on the radio and nothing has been transferred.

Any help you can give me on this programming would be very helpful.

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
I have not updated my FT-2d Firmware since buying it... So, what I understand FIRMWARE was updated, and RT Software will not communicate with the radio? Check the drivers for the cable, and possibly contact RT Systems and see what they say....

-Sean

W6TAE

Thanks for the reply. At this point, I'm not using the USB cable to program the radio, only SD Card. This is the same process I used to program it when I bought new. Now the the radio have been updated by Yaesu, it won't accept the RT Systems file. I have sent an email request to RT Systems but haven't heard anything back...

-Tom

Hit_Factor

Sometimes the software needs to read the radio, even if it's blank.

Also try a save as of your programming data, writing a new file may fix the problem. Open the newly created file and save that to the microsd. Then try reading the file on the ht.

W6TAE

Well, tried a new "save as" file on the laptop and I am still having the same problem. The laptop shows saving the file to the SD Card but after I remove the SD Card from the laptop and reinstall it in the radio, following the same RT Systems installation procedure for the transfer of a data file, I still have the same problem. Nothing is transferred from the SD card to the radio and the display on the radio shows "NOT COMPLETED"

I'm open to any other ideas ...............

Thanks for the help so far ......

-Tom / W5TAE

Hit_Factor

Darn it.

I emailed RT Systems for support one evening last week. They got back to me the next afternoon and the problem was resolved in about a half hour.

Hopefully they can help.

What if you save to microsd on the ht, take that to the computer, read in the file, change just one minor value. Pop it back into the HT and read/load?

Maybe Yaesu has some helpful advice.

Dave ke8ikg

W6TAE

Well, just to let everyone know, I have solved my problem with the programming !

I got another new SD Card (Samsung), formatted the card in the radio, loaded the card into to the laptop, open my RT Systems software and read the file from the SD Card. On this new file I “cut & paste” the frequency data from my old file to the new uploaded file and then saved it to the SD Card. I took the card from the laptop and loaded it into the HT. Ran to sequence to upload a file and the radio read the file!

So my radio is now up to date and programmed! Praise God!

Thanks to everyone for the help!

73’s
- Tom / W6TAE

Status
Not open for further replies.