Yes, no or it depends question for Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0kie

In Tulsa is a digital scanner worth spending an extra three hundred dollars, or so compared to buying the latest greatest analog trunk tracking scanner? If yes then what make and model? If no then I already have the BC346XT in mind.

KD5WLX

Most of Tulsa's system is still analog. What isn't (EMSA and PD special ops) is also encrypted, so you don't get them even with a digital scanner.

There are a few non-public service systems that are digital - but I don't listen to tow trucks and drive thru windows, so I haven't missed it.

kjwilson

Not really worth it. 90-95% of Tulsa County LE agencies are still available with analog scanners, exceptions as mentioned by KD5WLX and what is digital and/or encrypted is stuff I (people) really don't need to know about or care to listen to.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Tulsa PD's special ops operate on a digital ID some encryption but most is not, If you travel much check into areas you travel to and see if you would benefit from a digital radio.

N5TWB

Tulsa PD's special ops operate on a digital ID some encryption but most is not, If you travel much check into areas you travel to and see if you would benefit from a digital radio.

This was my philosophy when buying digital for the mobile scanner for places I travel to fairly often, like TX and CO. If I were to buy right now for the house, I would go for a BCT-15 since my 996 software will program it.

Status
Not open for further replies.