yet another pro 97 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougr

I am trying to monitor La Habra heights Fire Dept. the frequency Is 33.7400. The problem I am having is when the scanners stops on 33.7400 all I get is a buzzing noise. All other things in my scanner are working I just cant get the 33.7400 to work

Dougr

I have done further checking I seem to get a buzzing noise from 31.00 to about 43.00. in searching the scanner seems to stop on about every other frequency with the buzzing noise. The scanner will not pick up any thing in that range just the buzzing

Dougr

Dougr said:
I have done further checking I seem to get a buzzing noise from 31.00 to about 43.00. in searching the scanner seems to stop on about every other frequency with the buzzing noise. The scanner will not pick up any thing in that range just the buzzing
HELP!!!! PLEASE

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Something is generating RF noise that the scanner picks up. You did not say if this only happens at home or if it also occurs when you take the scanner in the car. If it is only at home, you can try turning off power one breaker at a time to see which circuit powers the offending device. Then you should be able to pinpoint the noisy device. If it is something that can be turned off except when you want to use it, that may be a work-around. Otherwise shielding it and keeping it away from the scanner may reduce the problem.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Dougr said:
HELP!!!! PLEASE
People are trying to help you, people may not know the answer to your problem. All right, low band is notorious for interference, so if you are using it near ANYTHING that generates electrical noise like computers, TV, car ignition, etc, you will get noise on some frequencies. I even get interference on low band in my car when I operate my power windows, or use cruise control. So, it can really be alot of things, like the last poster mentioned.

timmer

Also, try using the attenuator. What antenna are you using? If you are using an outdoor or attick mounted antenna, disconnect it and try using the rubber duck that came with the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.