Yonkers Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

Yonkers pd is just upgrading equipment.
New apx radios for portable and mobiles

They do have a simulcast system with multiple receive sites.

I would suggest you check you scanner settings, I changed a few that had issues and it helped alot

Anything in particular? I'm using a uniden 536HP

Danny37

Does NY state police have access to Yonkers PD? I was half asleep but I could've sworn I heard a unit come over as state police doing a car stop.

4-crime

Does NY state police have access to Yonkers PD? I was half asleep but I could've sworn I heard a unit come over as state police doing a car stop.

Anything is possible. A lot of State Troopers assigned to the NYC area all have APX8000 portables.

radioguybri

YPD was never VSELP. When they went digital in 99-2000 it was IMBE. All new APX radios going encrypted in the near future.

Danny37

That's a damn shame, too bad radioman2001 doesn't work for them anymore. I'm glad I didn't move there last year.

Archie

radioguybri

They already have encryption which is occasionally used.

So with the new APX's all 3 channels will be full time encrypted???

Thanks

bill11312

I listen to Yonkers PD and FD everyday from Putnam County. Yonkers Fire dispatches House alerts via 46.50 (possibly lowered their power) and they Announce the call over Ops 484.7125 for units in the field. Yonkers Police use all 3 frequencies but I haven't seen ENC on their current system. This is very disappointing news about going full ENC. I have listened to them since I was a teenager long before Apco25 change.Maybe they will go NXDN (LOL)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.