York County - HARRIS RF COM - p25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a Whistler that is working?

Yes. Both in my vehicle and at home. Just turned on FD/EMS bank to see how it picks up this evening. Was working great the other day. Removed all old towers and TGs on both TRX-2.

DeKP

It was working fine for me on Fri then on Sat it all changed. I'm only running the North tower (closest one to me) and everything is distorted. I have a yagi I'm going to put up when the weather is warmer.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
996xt

Sorry folks, I'm not fluent in trunkese. I have a 996xt, I see mention that the BCD996P2 should work with the new York Co set up. Is the 996xt the same as a 996P2 ? Thanx

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Sorry folks, I'm not fluent in trunkese. I have a 996xt, I see mention that the BCD996P2 should work with the new York Co set up. Is the 996xt the same as a 996P2 ? Thanx

No, they are not the same. The XT won't work on a Phase II system (like York).

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Ha, as I feared. I'll have to look closely at it to make sure they are both XT. Does the P2 look much diff then the XT ? I'm guessing there is a plate on it somewhere that makes the model clear. (It is not with me).

djshadowxm81

Premium Subscriber
Was just listening sounds like radio techs are doing some testing on Public Safety County-Wide

rwsulli74

Premium Subscriber
Encrypted or Just switched to Phase II

Finding my PRO-197 has fallen silent like others this last weekend due to the phase II switch I was wondering, is there any listing as to what Talkgroups might be encrypted on the York Co. system? Before I plunk down big $$$ for a Phase II scanner, I would like to know if anything is still there.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber

djshadowxm81

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring for awhile now with computer software. I've encountered in this entire time 1 encrypted TG

rwsulli74

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a lot, just what I was looking for. New to this site, but it is a treasure trove of info!! Now to start my research for a new toy!!!

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I think we've seen the freq list. At this point I think many of us are just trying to figure out our options to receive them now. Thanx

sbk1982

I suspect lots is not encrypted and the database (above) is fairly accurate but you can't always fully trust that information....

If it’s encrypted it wasn’t offered to the list. The York County list may be the most accurate list on the site.

I’m no scanner enthusiast and personally don’t own any scanner but touched a 996P2 for the first time this weekend in order to get a friend hooked up. Had no trouble at all and the scanner works great. Confirmed with a portable sitting next to it receiving the same traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
The York County list may be the most accurate list on the site.

Well, maybe. Berks Co provided an official talkgroup list to Radio Ref when they brought their new system online. If I recall correctly, Lancaster did, too, after a request from a site user was sent to the county asking them if they would share their talkgroup info.This is a rarity, for sure, though.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Well, maybe. Berks Co provided an official talkgroup list to Radio Ref when they brought their new system online. If I recall correctly, Lancaster did, too, after a request from a site user was sent to the county asking them if they would share their talkgroup info.This is a rarity, for sure, though.
The york county info came from DES...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
By chance (I've looked and not found anything), does York Co simulcast their dispatches over VHF or UHF non trunked?

Status
Not open for further replies.