York County - HARRIS RF COM - p25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Site NAC

FYI,
If anyone can verify the NAC for the N & W sites they would likely follow this pattern..

10.10 North NAC 00A ?
20.20 South NAC 00B confirmed
40.40 Central NAC 00C confirmed
60.60 West NAC 00D ?

:)

john3190

Premium Subscriber
@Jimsmowin... You need a P25 Phase II scanner for York County.. It looks like you are a Phase 1 scanner owner by your signature line..
You will hear Lancaster and Dauphin as they are Phase 1 systems

I see in your line you mention a WS1080 Scanner. I have one as well but I am having trouble hearing anything in York County with it even after trying to lock out different towers. Do you know if this scanner still works in York County?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I see in your line you mention a WS1080 Scanner. I have one as well but I am having trouble hearing anything in York County with it even after trying to lock out different towers. Do you know if this scanner still works in York County?
Yes the WS1080 is capable of monitoring York County Phase II but it has a hard time receiving the line of sight signal modulation- so unless you're within a half mile of a transmitter the audio will be poor, it will cut out or just keep flashing with no audio coming through. For the time being, the Uniden BCD436/536HP, Uniden SDS100 scanner, or the Unication G4/5 pagers will perform better on this system. Whistler is expected to release a better performing scanner like the WS1080 towards the end of the year.

djshadowxm81

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed a new talk group active lately in the clear. but can't really ascertain what it belongs to based on the radio traffic. TG 51137

tvengr

Well Known Member
Site NAC

FYI,
If anyone can verify the NAC for the N & W sites they would likely follow this pattern..

10.10 North NAC 00A ?
20.20 South NAC 00B confirmed
40.40 Central NAC 00C confirmed
60.60 West NAC 00D ?

:)
Confirmed York Co Site NAC
South 00B
Central 00C
West 00D
North 00E

imstillwil

So everything I can see says my Grecom PSR-600 SHOULD be receiving this system IF i am not too far from the nearest enabled tower. Am I understanding that correctly? Unfortunately I am way too new to this digital schtuff. I've used the RR database and had absolutely no reception thus far.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
So everything I can see says my Grecom PSR-600 SHOULD be receiving this system IF i am not too far from the nearest enabled tower. Am I understanding that correctly? Unfortunately I am way too new to this digital schtuff. I've used the RR database and had absolutely no reception thus far.
According to this page.. your radio is not compatable with P25 PHASE 2. ?? :unsure: IDK, Can someone confirm this?
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/PSR-600

tvengr

Well Known Member
The PSR-600 is identical to the Radio Shack PRO-197 and will receive Phase 1 only. It will not receive the new 700 Mhz York Co system. The old 500 Mhz T-Band system was Phase 1 and worked with that scanner.

djshadowxm81

Premium Subscriber
So from reading on here it looks like the TRX-1 I've picked up won't work very well with the harris system. I can't get it to lock on to the control channel on one of the cell sites for the central system. Also looking at swapping this out for a BCD436HP. Will that work on this system any better? Or am I better off just sticking to my OP25 setup for monitoring of the system?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I recommend the Uniden SDS100. It is built to reliably receive the P25 simulcast systems. The BCD436HP usually is better, but may still exhibit the same simulcast problems as the TRX-1 depending on your location. I had problems locking on the control channel of the 700 MHz south system with my BCD436HP but my SDS100 works flawlessly.

djshadowxm81

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a BCD436HP anyway. Works great for me, I've had zero problems with it. I do have another question geared more towards the radio system itself. I know Berks county has a sheet like this. But was wondering if there is such a thing for York.

I have figured out that 52ddxxx are Fire units. Anyone have any guidance?

1556197422710.png

derpotts

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for pager Cap codes for York county? Ive looked around the station for over a week and cant find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.