• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Your favorite movie lines

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
While there are many out there, this one for me personally is my all time favorite. No, that doesn't make me some anti-NSA/CIA moron or anything, I just think there may be some truth to it and it makes sense in a way.

I have read that the NSA is in fact the world's largest employer of mathematicians in the world.

Another great movie I saw in the theater before 9/11. My favorite line:

Now I remember many moons ago watching a movie with Gene Hackman that must have come out in the 80's where he was like a PI or detective that was reminiscent of the movie Enemy Of The State. But I can't remember the name of it now and I'm too lazy to search IMDB for its title.

Never mind, had to look it up. Was called The Conversation. Damn good film and I highly recommend it. The Conversation (1974) - IMDb

mciupa

DB Administrator
My boots! Where's my damn boots! (Jon Voight)

I'm walking here!!! (Dustin Hoffman) Midnight Cowboy 1969

and obscene lines from Bridesmaids (Kristen Wiig's lines)

gordonbrittas

Hello poltergeisty hope your well.

Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder had a good chemistry on screen and were in some funny films.

Not sure about Blazing Saddles as I've never seen it.

For any trainee Nazis/Right wing haters Richard Pryor was a Black man and Gene Wilder was born into the Jewish faith and made people laugh so probably not for you :p.