You've got to read this! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You've got to read this

Is this a hose job? (No pun intended) I mean did this really happen? Is this guy a real FC or is he just some redlight wannabe? Why don't you program the Lee County FD frequencies in a scanner & see if you hear an FC that sounds drunk, high or retarded. On the other hand, he could be a "real young" FC who does so much texting that he doesn't know any other way to communicate, you know: R U 4 REAL? Did U C Me?

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
God's truth... just the way it happened! If this guy is a fire chief in my county... I may have to move to another state. And I thought we had some fun in the firehouse before I retired... :)

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
If this guy is truly the Chief then those are some pretty scary messages.

On another note, the scanner feed audio sounds really good. kudo's

Mark

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I sent this guy the link this morning so he can read all his texts in one place. All of a sudden... he's very quiet. Maybe I better take the revolver out of the nightstand for a few weeks. Ya never know...

rmiller818

This one got me:

And to educate u further it weakens a trunking system to have citizens listen to it thats a fact thats why encripted system is being put in place

Since this guy is educating you about this, I would like to see him educate all of us on how that happens.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Maybe it's because as more scanners tune into the trunked system... the weaker the signal gets?! :) Sorry... I need a tissue...

hoser147

Like the comments, they add more value. LOL. I listen to your feeds quite a bit when I visit there or there is something going on pertaining to my family. Keep up the good work. THANKS

scanfreq315

That was a very bizarre exchange. There is no way this guy is a chief. But, please expose this individual so the truth can be known.

Last edited:

FLRAILMAN

Banned
You've got to read this

Before you guys decide to start hunting me down as being an accessory to mental illness, I also believe Mr. Fire Chief (NOT) belongs in a nervous hospital right next to Carl, but just hear me out. I think he meant & Lord knows I'm probably wrong, that the more people monitor trunked systems, or any other system for that matter, it can compromise the safety & integrity of the system users by the law of averages thing, you know, 100 good guys & maybe 10 bad guys with criminal intent, hence, "encryption" will eliminate that probability. Oh the hell with this rationalizing crap, lock his ass up in Starke & MELT the key.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_Blade

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
It's like passing a law to prohibit scanners in a car. Sooooo... normal folk can't have them. But do you think somebody who's going to rob a bank cares about breaking the scanner law? Criminals don't care about breaking laws. That's why they're criminals. The rest of us have to pay for that 1 in 100th time the bank robber will use a scanner in the commission of a crime. The law is useless in my opinion. Why don't they simplify the law and just keep it a crime for using a scanner in the commission of a crime. Let us have a scanner in our cars. If we use it to commit a crime... then punish us for it.

Sure... encryption will be hard... and illegal to crack. But it's not impossible. If there's a will... there's a way. Individuals will find a way around it just as something to do. Criminals will pay for it. Shady radio techs will sell it... anything to make a buck.

I remember back in the 50's when people were scared to even hook up the so called "illegal" extension phone. Then along came illegal cable TV boxes, listening to cell phones conversations and whatever.

Just because it's against the law doesn't prevent people from breaking the law. Have you ever drove 65 in a 55 mph zone? You were breaking the law. It's a against the law to kill somebody... but people do it everyday.

In the end... I too believe listeners (especially criminals) can compromise the safety of our police forces. The ones that don't have encryption use cell phones.

ps: I was a fire chief 13 years ago. They had to let me out of the wacko hut just so I could retire! :)

FLRAILMAN

Banned
Nervous hospital A/K/A Funny Farm

Hey Ralph, was that in 1996? if it was, when they let you out, do you remember the tall guy in the straight jacket tied to the Hannibal Lechter handtruck with a cap on that said "Conrail"? That was me, small world. Want to hook up one day & we can throw rocks at each others heads?

NAMLIARLF

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Yeah... about that year. I try not to talk about it. Gives me nightmares. It was either get tar and feathered or run out of town on a rail. I chose to ride the steel. Now that I think about it... there were 2 guys on that same rail in front of me. One had on a hat on but I only saw the back. It all happened so quicky. Was that you yelling something like... "let's highball baby"?

By the grace of God, many retirement checks, afternoon naps and ice cold beer... I'm almost fully recovered. Sadly... I still hide when I see a fire truck coming. Those guys with the funny hats scare the ba-jeevers out of me...

Can we skip the rocks? I'm old and it makes me pee my pants...

FLRAILMAN

Banned
Nervous Hospital vs.The Funny Farm

No, I was eyeballing the nurse & yelling "Let's ball lady" or something to that effect. You don't look very old by your avatar photo. Hmmmm, 20 to 25, am I close?

NAMLIARLF

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Yeah... it's all coming back to me now. I never did hear very well. All those sirens everyday. She was the blond with the long legs... right?

My age? I'd have to look at my drivers license to be sure... but they took that away from me about 10 years ago. That's an old picture anyway... when I had hair!

FLRAILMAN

Banned
two nuts calling a screwball loose

Yep it was the blonde, I think I had sauteed liver fescoe with a warm latte that night. Strange, the next day it was said she just up & disappeared. You sound like you're ready for Shady Pines. Where's my Thorazine?

FLRAILMAN

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Strange you recommended Shady Pines. You're waaaaaaay ahead of your time. The gated community I live in is called Pine Lakes... no poop! I like it here... quiet, lots a trees, lakes and lots of other folks that don't know what's going on either so I blend right in. I'm going to a 4 hour seminar today that will teach us how to drive on route 41 slighly over 25 mph without having to use our turn signal. Is this gonna be great... or what!?

Status
Not open for further replies.