Yuba, Sutter, and Colusa Counties Public Safety, CAL FIRE and CHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchler

I live in Grass Valley and I use this area to get info since I don't have a regular scanner. However, I find a lot of the time I just get "white" noise and have to stop the feed. Since it's not my scanner, I'm wondering how I can eliminate this "section" or do I just have to wait it out (which is what I usually do).

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I live in Grass Valley and I use this area to get info since I don't have a regular scanner. However, I find a lot of the time I just get "white" noise and have to stop the feed. Since it's not my scanner, I'm wondering how I can eliminate this "section" or do I just have to wait it out (which is what I usually do).

Likely it's nothing that can be fixed on your end, probably just a signal coming in poorly on the feed provider's scanner(s) or an open-mic on a specific channel holding the feed.

I would recommend going to the feed directly on Broadcastify.com and contacting the feed provider and letting them know of your concerns. Based on the feed you're talking about and the "Contact Broadcaster" link on the feed, it appears it is ran by the Appeal-Democrat newspaper, so I don't know how often they adjust the scanners or the antennas. Likely was a set it up and don't touch it again situation, but maybe they have a scanner guy in the building who can figure it out.

Yuba, Sutter, and Colusa Counties Public Safety, CAL FIRE and CHP

gvranchosbill

Being your in grass valley yuba county so repeater is on oregon peak or it was using 460.1000, i know thats an obvious thing to say, i know the audio was low on uhf nothing like when all yuba sutter agencies were on 155.5950 many years ago i could hear all loud and clear then i believe they went to uhf around 1973 or 1974

Status
Not open for further replies.