• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ZASTONE ZT-9908

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronvking

I ordered and received a DG-9908 from Bond Telecom. Interesting in that it had no makers name etc on it. I did open it up and it had BFDX printed on the PCB's.

Now a question for you folks. I've emailed Bond, so far no reply. On the little doc they sent me it shows under the Mode's menu three options MR, CH and VFO. Now on my radio I only have MR and CH showing, no VFO.

Any clue's on how I get the VFO mode please. Managed via a side button but would prefer it via the main menu if possible. Also not been able to program any RAN options other than via the software for the ZG-9908 I found.

Thanks Ron

G0FTD

Re:Zastone

Might be worth doing a total reset.

I think you hold button 1 on whilst turning the power on.
It's in the handbook.

Unless you've got a different firmware edition ?

Remember, resetting will end up getting the Chinese menu.
Go to the last menu and I think English is the middle choice.

If not, just cycle through the choices on the last menu until you get the English menu ;-)

73 de Andy

I ordered and received a DG-9908 from Bond Telecom. Interesting in that it had no makers name etc on it. I did open it up and it had BFDX printed on the PCB's.

Now a question for you folks. I've emailed Bond, so far no reply. On the little doc they sent me it shows under the Mode's menu three options MR, CH and VFO. Now on my radio I only have MR and CH showing, no VFO.

Any clue's on how I get the VFO mode please. Managed via a side button but would prefer it via the main menu if possible. Also not been able to program any RAN options other than via the software for the ZG-9908 I found.

Thanks Ron

G0FTD

Just wondering how us Zastone user will get on when the batteries exprire in about 5 years ?
Shame also that there is no DC mobile adapter for this rig either, which would make it more useful.

73 de Andy

f1iwq

vfo mode

On my zastone, the first menu line is "work mode". By pressing again menu key, the display shows 3 choices :
vfo mode
Mr mode
Ch mode.

this is for a zastone ZT9908. Maybe this is the difference with the DG9908 or what????? As G0FTD , try to reset the device....

ronvking

Hi,

Yes already tried the reset but that makes no difference, still no VFO showing under the work mode menu.

I don't know what software version I have. I can't see anything on the radio and the only software I've got hold of is the Zastone stuff> The program Bond sent me was the exact same stuff down to the version number.

I'll try Bond again and see what happens

Thanks

smokediver61

Feed Provider
I have a quick question. Does anybody else have issues open up the other radio on the digital side. Sometimes they wont open but i can see that they are talking. Any suggestion on maybe a setting?

shield1751

Premium Subscriber
Zastone 9908

Hi all,

just got a Zastone dPMR HT....tried their website...jeez...very confusing...anyone have the proper website to download the software? Also....need a programming cable......

de KM3W

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned

paulears

I've got a couple of the Zastone 9908's on order, and reading this fairly long topic, it looks like a bit of a challenge. I'm very new to digital, and these are dPMR FDMA radios - if they prove to be ok, I'm thinking of buying a repeater, but the specs for these are quite confusing and I'm not sure which will be compatible. Any advice would be good - What I am planning to do is to have about a dozen radios, and have them as two separate groups - the users never having to talk to each other, but within their group, all hear everything, but have the facility to speak to another unit privately. At the moment, using analogue, I can't do this because the repeater only has one CTCSS tone, so it's pretty much everyone getting everything, unless they are close enough for simplex, when they can change channels. Usage would be fairly low - is this feasible using these quite cheap radios? I'm guessing that the complication comes with the repeater? Or is it just programming?

princo

There are currently no repeaters compatible with these radios. They don't even speak the proper flavor of dPMR. And the vocoder is such an oddball that it makes it incompatible with other dPMR radios. DMR is a better way to go.

paulears

F1IWQ - Great thanks for the link. Nice work!

Princo - are these radios only able to communicate with other identical ones then? I wasn't aware they were unique devices, and could not be used with other dPMR devices?

Viton

Sazrone 9908

Hi there. I'm having a similar problem with digital. I don't seem able to set-up the units to TX/RX - back to back. I just want to use the radios in simplex mode but not have to wait a while before the other user can reply. I've got to admit... even though I've been involved in radio since 1968, the digital side of things has got me stumped! The handbook is no help at all. Cheers, Richard
I have a quick question. Does anybody else have issues open up the other radio on the digital side. Sometimes they wont open but i can see that they are talking. Any suggestion on maybe a setting?

2E0TMI

Zastone software

Try to remove OASCU check in the VFO edit or channel edit.

Hi f1iwq hope you are still about and get this message, I have just got a zt-9908 and have found a few things in the programing software that I need help with as I have never seen them before, please can you tell me what the OACSU check box is for?
also the Status Info?
and the DATA TYPE selection which I think is the choice between the different vocoders available?

Cheers
Phil

2E0TMI

back to back

Hi there. I'm having a similar problem with digital. I don't seem able to set-up the units to TX/RX - back to back. I just want to use the radios in simplex mode but not have to wait a while before the other user can reply. I've got to admit... even though I've been involved in radio since 1968, the digital side of things has got me stumped! The handbook is no help at all. Cheers, Richard

Dont know if you are still watching the thread Viton? have you created user groups in the dpmr contacts like All Call 0000001 and group Call 0000002 and then checked the box for (allow all call) in the dpmr basic part of the edit drop down list, there are a few things you need to edit on the radios from new to get the dpmr working properly as I have found, check each channel used in the program with the edit channel (click on the ch number and it will highlight blue then click edit) and check all the settings for each channel programed, and yes the books a pain in the *** what is needed is a help files selection for the software as there is none on mine?
It may also need separate radio IDs created and put into each radios contact list for simplex dpmr to work but I only have one radio so ?
Phil

Pauli23

SW bugs

Hi, i have two radios Zastone 9908. On official website i found software for this model with name version 1.5.4, but this software not correctly show name of channel (on program mark as alias). Does anybody have other (functional, stable) version of this program?
Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.