ZDC RCAG Sites and Sectors Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've seen the frequency list for ARTCC, specifically ZDC, and notice it is broken down in RCAG sites and sectors. I've searched but can't find an easy to read (for non-pilots) map that shows where these sectors are.

Can anyone suggest a source to help me locate these areas?

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I know there are some site out there that transpose the locations on Google Maps and Google Earth and such.

However, even for non-pilots, the high and low altitude enroute charts aren't that bad. If you go to Skyvector.com you can look at the charts. It gives the location of the RCAG sites, the name, the center, and the frequencies.

Here is one for the LA/San Diego area, for example:

map.png

The squiggly blue boxes I circled are the radio sites. The green text is airports, so you can get a really good idea of location.

Perhaps not exactly what you're looking for, but in a pinch, it will give you the frequencies to monitor for a given area.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I have a UHF ZDC freq of 353.950 called ZDC Ultra High.
Once in a while will get mil jets above FL400 on this freq passing thru.
Not sure of a VHF pairing with the above.

Airboss

Silent Key
I have a UHF ZDC freq of 353.950 called ZDC Ultra High.
Once in a while will get mil jets above FL400 on this freq passing thru.
Not sure of a VHF pairing with the above.

Believe that is the Snow Hill Sector 39. My last listing was 121.375 for the VHF side of the pair.

freqhopping

Something that needs to be mentioned is that the locations of RCAG sites are not necessarily within the sector they operate for.

For instance the ZDC10 Bay sector RCAG is located a few miles to the east of Martinburg, WV.

The (or at least an) RCAG for ZDC12 is to the east in Leesburg,VA within ZDC04.

This page lists the actual RCAG locations but not the frequencies in use.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?rpt=6&aid=2247

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Gets confusing up my way at times, Example a C-17 departs McGuire westbound usually gets ZDC above 10k,
continuing above 20k over to ZNY then before he is halfway across Pennsylvania gets ZOB Cleveland Ctr.
Sure keeps pilots busy on the radios in this busy Mid Atlantic area :)

spacellamaman

Something that needs to be mentioned is that the locations of RCAG sites are not necessarily within the sector they operate for.

nor located as they are named. ex:ZTL - ALBEMARLE 133.15 and 251.1. well its about 20-30 miles SW basically in Concord. Which seems like a more logical name.

this doesn't give you the boundries but at least is another way to visualize it. and click down to see the Tx site.
Military Radio Comms VHF/UHF Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.