Zguy1243's Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0LDK

That looks great! I'd be compelled to do something like that at home but where'd you get the racks and mounting plates for the equipment?

commscanaus

Magnificent!!!

It looks just like you have removed one of the monitoring positions from an AWACS aircraft!!

Rack mount rules!!!

Well done!

Regards, Commscanaus.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Is this a aircraft monitoring shack or a regular shack?

ka1njl

Awesome

I have a thing for racks and yours is beautiful. That level of organization must make your operations a joy. I am curious to learn where this operating position is located. Didn't you post pictures some time ago of an outbuilding you built for your radios? The one that spawned numerous conversations between me and my wife about how I need one like it at home? :)

Great setup for sure.

73 and good listening,

ka1njl

mrkelso

WHere did the racks come from? I need a source for some nice racks.

zguy1243

That looks great! I'd be compelled to do something like that at home but where'd you get the racks and mounting plates for the equipment?

All of the equipment is rack mountable. The monitor is a Neuro-Logic Systems model that is rack mountable. These monitors are the same models that currently used by NASA at KSC and many branches of the military. Nearly 2K new but I was able to purchase as surplus for a fraction of the cost. Most all the equipment is made to be rack mounted. The rack is from Marco Systems. It is doubled sided 19" rack mountable with the worktop. The new cost of the console is around 3K. I was able to buy it in new condition off craigslist just for a few dollars.

ridgescan

Very impressive but I am hoping you still run that beautiful console that's in your website. I love the vertical at the ground with the vast open land in the backdrop-my idea of a dream station. I think it's awesome and you are very lucky.

zguy1243

Those of you looking for consoles like this keep a eye on Craigslist. I have less in the console and monitor than a typical scanner costs. Govdeals is also a great place to find comm center furniture for just pocket change.

Status
Not open for further replies.