BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Zip Code Entry Question/ State Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cougman

When entering a zip code (Oregon) to monitor that zip code and you are on the state line (for ex- Oregon and Idaho). will the scanner monitor the Idaho side?

For example, Ontario, OR (97914 Malheur County) and Payette, ID (83661- Payette County).

If not, how would you resolve this? Two favorites and scan each?

Thanks

Alataque

May not be in the right thread, I'm new to scanner and my BCD436HP can't set location anymore, everytime I try to setup my postal code location it say Out of Range......press any key. How to I get back this option.

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Do you have the main database turned on? If you only have a favorite list turned on, and enter a location out of the area covered by the list, you will get an error.

Alataque

Full database is on, I have turned ON and OFF stuff in my Nationwide systems and in Select lists to Monitor I have Full database ON....Search with scan ON....and Favorites ON.

derevs

It is possible that your postal code may not be in the database. Try another postal code near you, one that is well established.

phask

Premium Subscriber
May not be in the right thread, I'm new to scanner and my BCD436HP can't set location anymore, everytime I try to setup my postal code location it say Out of Range......press any key. How to I get back this option.

Thanks

You are probably doing it wrong - you do not TYPE in the numbers from the keyboard ,.0 but use the 6-9 keys to navigate.

All needed is the 3 letter code - I'm guessing L1B - works fine on my 536.

Alataque

When I first bought it there was no problem entering my postal code and I was not using the keypad but the knob at the top.......I get the same message no matter what I do. If I enter the L I get the OUT OF RANGE right away.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Are you hitting "E" after entering the "L"? You should be hitting "6" to move to the next digit.

Status
Not open for further replies.