Unitrunker Quit Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

dste

Version 0.1.0.57 has decided to quit running with the new year. Version .54 seems to still run without changing the clock.

mush0man

Premium Subscriber
Uh-oh

I got the Uh-oh screen.
might have been me, might have been the vodka.....
Been using 0.1.0.57 and windows 98 with great stabilty and success.
Tried to repair with no luck. Tried to uninstall & the reinstall with no luck.

any ideas
HAPPY NEW YEAR

SCPD

QRT
Sorry folks, I didn't expect very many people to still be using the old beta version of the program a year after it became obsolete. Please consider moving to the newer windowed version.

If for some reason, you're "stuck" on the old program, I can re-release 0.1.0.57 with the understanding that this is old code with known bugs.

freqseeker

I have the same problem. I have the new version, but am one of the guys that has the will not hold on a talkgroup problem. Here is my previous post.

"I'm running the latest version with a decode accuracy of 99. I'm using a AR8000 to follow. The problem is the listen radio will only tune for about a second and then park or move to another group for a second. Even when no other group is active this happens. The site call display appears to be commanding this as the frequency the group is active on is green for the same amount of time. I think I am missing a timing setting somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Vince."

This is why I'm using the old version. I tried it again tonight and still have the same problem. Now I don't have a usable Unitrunker!
Vince.

mush0man

Premium Subscriber
version 0.1.0.57

Bugs I can handle.
I have a dedicated machine (windows 98) that stays on 24-7. Every once in a while I restart everything. I think this version is perfect for my situation.

Many thanks for your time.

wise871

Database Admin
Sorry folks, I didn't expect very many people to still be using the old beta version of the program a year after it became obsolete. Please consider moving to the newer windowed version.

If for some reason, you're "stuck" on the old program, I can re-release 0.1.0.57 with the understanding that this is old code with known bugs.

I would also like to continue using the older version.
Thanks

grant

Same here ... I am still using 0.1.0.57
It is pretty reliable and I am running Vista
It is simply down to personal taste
I tried the new version but I find the older one easier to follow and edit

Grant

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I guess I'm behind the times...lol I'm still using 0.1.0.51...

BTW, I tried to turn on a laptop with it today and it kept complaining about how it was closed down wrong and would not start. Had to uninstall and reinstall for it to start working again.

FJB2022

Premium Subscriber
I thought I had messed something up until I tried running it on 3 other computers and got the (you haven't saved data error.) Set the date back to 08 and everything is fine now.

Last edited:

dougr1252

I also vote for an update to keep 1.0.57 running, if Rick has the time and is willing to maintain old code. I know that's a pain in the &$%, but I can't get the new version (1.0.0.5) to run reliably on any platform. I use 1.0.57 because it works on everything, even though I haven't mastered all of its quirks. Is there a source for a more recent "windowed" version?

wvscanner

Database Admin
Please!!!!! With the weak signal it is the only way I can get the info and save it. With the windows version it will not lock on it enough to save the data. I normally run both the DOS full time and windows verison to get what ever it can get. However I do need the DOS version.

Thank you.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Please do re-release it. I have no problem understanding that it is old code with bugs - it still performs quite well in many aspects, and some of us still like using the old version vs the windowed version (although I currently use the windowed version myself). I'm sure we would appreciate that Rick.

Thanks,

Mike

dougr1252

I saw a post about Rev 92, Rev 97, etc. Are there multiple versions of 1.0.0.5? Maybe I'm missing something. I was looking for a higher version number.

OttawaBob

Premium Subscriber
Is 2009 the end of 0.1.0.57?

Hello.

New Year...same issues with Unitrunker. Again, the Uh-Oh Screen.

Does anyone know whether the oldie...but goodie version will be tweaked to play in 2009?

Thanks

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.