PSR question T88 and UT

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
What are the proper settings for using the PSR's as data feeds for these two software packages?? I have a friend trying to set them up to gather some data. He got Pro96Com running lol, but for the 3600 stuff he is having issues.

Highpockets

What are the proper settings for using the PSR's as data feeds for these two software packages?? I have a friend trying to set them up to gather some data. He got Pro96Com running lol, but for the 3600 stuff he is having issues.

Look at this guide, the frequencies may be different, but, it sould give you enough info to get started. The download system function will not work until the new version comes out because of the changes with the RR database.

UniTrunker Guide - UtahRadio

Last edited:

slicerwizard

You're looking for a how-to on getting started with TRUNK88 and a GRE PSR scanner?

- download the Win32 TRUNK88 zipfile

- extract the files to a folder (like C:\TRUNK88)

- make a note to read the ReadMe file at some later point

- run TRUNK88; press Esc to get to the Command prompt

- tell TRUNK88 about your scanner:

- Edit Defaults / Input (control channel) parameters / CC Data Serial Port

(you press 'D', 'I', then scroll down a few times, enter the comm port number that the scanner is connected to and press Enter)

- Esc back to the main Command prompt and 'Q'uit the program (by pressing 'Q' - don't click on the big X in the upper right - ever!); this will save the CC Data port info

- rerun TRUNK88; if the scanner is properly connected and sending OSW data to the serial port, TRUNK88 will start monitoring the system and you'll see lots of stuff happening. At the top left corner of the screen, you should see the system's four digit SysID and on the right side, you'll see the OSW datastream going by

- now would be a good time to set a few system parameters; navigate to System Menu / Edit Settings / Tables, then:

- Name of System; you should enter something meaningful, like "Mayberry PS"

- System Type; the choices are: 1: Type I 800 MHz system; 2: Type II 800 MHz system; 4: Hybrid/IIi 800 MHz system; 8: 900 MHz system; 16: VHF or UHF system

- Fleetmap; unless it's an old Type I or Hybrid/IIi system, leave it blank; if it is, press Ctrl-H and have fun...

- Base Frequency; Ctrl-H will list the choices (e.g. if the system uses the standard 800 MHz bandplan, just enter "800.", for splinter, "801.", etc.). If it's a VHF or UHF system, enter the bandplan components (base frequencies, step sizes and offsets)

- after setting up the correct bandplan values, use the System Menu's Apply Current 'B'andplan dialog to correct any system frequencies that were logged before you set up the bandplan

- since most scannerheads like to see those big "TrunkTracker" talkgroup IDs on all of their systems, you'll be going back to the main Command prompt (just press Esc until you get there), then navigating to Edit Defaults / File and display formats / Talkgroup Display Format. Change it to 4 (TrunkTracker)

- whenever you Quit the program, TRUNK88 will save your trunking system data to a file; use Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder that you installed TRUNK88 in - you should see an xxxx.CTL file, where xxxx is the monitored system's ID. Right click on the file and open it in Notepad; this will give you an overview of what information TRUNK88 records

- no doubt, you'll want to populate your system .CTL file with talkgroup names; it's all covered in the RR2T88 ReadMe file. You'll find RR2T88 where you found TRUNK88: Index of /~phoenix/wap/TRUNK88

Still having problems? Head over to the TRUNK88 discussion forum and say hi: TRUNK88 : TRUNK88 forum
---

D

DaveNF2G

I appreciate the tutorial as well. I haven't tried T88 with my GRE scanners yet, but now I might.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
"now would be a good time to set a few system parameters; navigate to System Menu / Edit Settings / Tables, then"

How do you "navigate" to System Menu?

Never mind...figured it out!

Last edited:

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Wow....think I got it all going correctly. Lots of info....whew How long should I let it run on a system before I feel comfortable I've caught "everything" I ever wanted to know about the system?. I'm "trunk" checking Seymour SAFET site by the way in Indiana. 800MHZ smartzone system

slicerwizard

It takes less than a minute to gather all of a zone's data (PCC, ACC(s), neighbour zones).

Longer monitoring just gets you more active patches, talkgroups and subscriber radio IDs.

TRUNK88 displays a pending events gauge to the left of the datastream display; when you tune to a zone's control channel, the bar will climb a bit as events stack up. When the bar drops to nothing, all of the zone data has been collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.