Unitrunker & EADS/Cassidan P25 systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Is anyone else monitoring an EADS/Cassidian P25 system with Unitrunker? The RCMP here in Ontario rolled out a province wide system last year (http://www.cassidiancommunications.com/pdf/RCMP_ArticleReprint_KeyTouchMagazine_Final.pdf) which must be slightly different from other P25 systems. My radios (mix of Uniden & GRE) rarely show radio ID's and I've noticed that Unitrunker does the same. The calling radio ID either shows as 0 or just nothing at all (I don't recall what PRO96Com does... but I think it's the same). I can only assume they must be using a non-standard format of some sort?.... Although they advertise the COR25 platform as the 'industrys only true non-proprietary P25 network'.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
10-4, will do. I'll have to wait till Monday until I can get decent RX of the system again.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Unfortunately, no not yet. Stupid day job keeps getting in the way haha. I should hopefully be able to this week though. I'll be in touch!!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
So I finally managed to log some activity for you.... now, umm... where do I find the log files??

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Forts. I've forgotten - what are you using as the signal receiver? The call grant messages in the logs all have radio ID zero. They may as well only use continuation or "grant update" messages.

If two radios key up at the same time for the same group - how will they know which radio "won"? You need the radio ID to break the tie. Seems kinda crappy.

BTW - your decode health looks good. It's reported as 26 or 26 out of 40 but actually 27 is about max for this vendor's formatting. Inline receivers don't provide the frame sync and DUID needed to calculate this accurately.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The signal radio is a tapped Pro-106. That's what I thought was so bizarre about this system... occasionally a 'real' looking radio ID will pop up, but for the most part my scanners show nothing, and UT will show a 0. Whether it's a GRE radio or a Uniden, same thing... That's why I thought I would throw it out to you smart guys :)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey Forts,

I stumbled across this thread while looking for more info on EADS/Cassidan P25 systems. I've spent a little bit of time running Pro96Com on this confirmed EADS/Cassidan P25 system: Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District (700 MHz ACIS) Trunking System, San Rafael, California - Scanner Frequencies

The above system definitely has normal P25 radio IDs. Since it is still in early stages of development, there was very little voice traffic and I mostly watched talkgroup affiliations and did traffic analysis.

Radio ID "0" is commonly reserved for outside systems being patched in. On the EBRCS system, the 0 ID was used extensively on talkgroups where users had a mix of old and new radios. Clearly there must have been dozens of console patches to route all the analog audio from multiple conventional frequencies into the system, but every patch showed up as radio ID 0.

Is it possible that RCMP "O" division is still using their conventional 420 MHz frequencies and being patched in? From looking in the database, it looks like both the RCMP conventional and P25 systems are encrypted, so the obvious analog-sounding audio wouldn't be apparent. But based on your description of many 0 radio IDs, mixed with a few normal looking ones, it sounds very likely that you're looking at a system still transitioning in its users from their previous system.

cinsu

Re: Unitrunker & EADS/Cassidan P25 systems

This occurs on the statewide KSICS system in Kansas manufactured by Motorola with the tollbooths on the Kansas turnpike

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.