unitrunker xml files

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyytor

hi, this might have allready been covered some were,unitrunker stored data as xml files in the unitrunker
program areas,
i monitor only one trunking site and as i save data after adding content another xml file appers, i am up to about 130+ xml files in the trunker directory,

question, should i use the highest number and back up the rest? and then delete,
it seems to be useing a lot of disk space.
thanks in advance

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Those are all backups, "snapshots" of how the system(s) looked at any given point in time.

As long as everything is running well, go ahead and delete them all except for the highest numbered one, which was the latest backup. Each time you close Unitrunker or do a manual archive save, it's going to create a new backup archive. You can clean them out every once in a while, it won't hurt anything.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
By the way, the most current file that Unitrunker uses is named Unitrunker.xml, don't delete that one. The backups are Unitrunker.xml.1, Unitrunker.xml.2, and so on. Only delete the ones with numbers after the .xml file extension.

SCPD

QRT
Go to the Archive tab to see your list of archived XML files. You can sort by date and delete the oldest files.

tyytor

Hi, thank you i thought it was safe as you discribed,
just wanted to make sure with all the data involved.
thank you

garys

Premium Subscriber
Kind of an old thread, but I have a problem that I can't figure out. I'm trying to get Unitrunker to work with the SDR# plug in. The set up for the plug in tells me to put remote.dll in the same directory as Unitrunker.xml. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a unitrunker.xml file.

I understand that I'm supposed to see that after I configure a receiver to work with Unitrunker. At least that's how it seems, but I can't get it to work.

I could use any pointers people may have.

SCPD

QRT
Quickest way is to select the Archive tab and click on the folder icon. Windows Explorer will appear with a view of your data files.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Quickest way is to select the Archive tab and click on the folder icon. Windows Explorer will appear with a view of your data files.

Thanks. I found it under Users/username/local/virtualstore. I think. It's late and I'm giving it a break overnight. I might not have a recent enough version of SDR# either.

Status
Not open for further replies.