Analog FailSoft data info on CC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronenp

Hi tere
does anyone know the exect info on the data that a analog trunk site transmit on its control channels when it is in Failsoft ? how many bit is the data ? and what is the data inside ?
Thanks Forward

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
In my notes, courtesy of Don B., I have the following:

Sent at 150Hz.
21 bit sequence consisting of 0xA510C consisting of one flush bit.

Hope that helps!

ronenp

Thank U

You have saved me from decoding it from the site
Do you know by occasion if the low speed data that transmit on the Voice channel is also 21 bit ?or any data on its structure ?

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
When in failsoft there is no Control Channel information. Each repeater (including the control channel) becomes a conventional repeater with a continuous carrier and a beep tone to indicate it is in failsoft. When in failsoft the site controller is not operational.
BB

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
When in failsoft there is no Control Channel information. Each repeater (including the control channel) becomes a conventional repeater with a continuous carrier and a beep tone to indicate it is in failsoft. When in failsoft the site controller is not operational.
BB
He's aware of this. He was asking what the data format is that announces the carrier as being in Failsoft which the radios in turn decode as FS and operate in that mode.

ronen, are you talking about the low-speed data for Priority Monitor scanning? Off the top of my head it has a rudimentary structure. I can't say if there are sync bits. See US Patent 4,716,407.

ronenp

Indeed Wayne the thought is to do monitor (include priority ) by listening to the Active Voice channels and interpreting the data from their low speed data

Ill look on the Patent and see if i can understand something from it ...
Thanks Forward
Ronen

Status
Not open for further replies.