Custom Pro96Com Talkgroup & Radio files

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Can someone advise on a good method/program to create custom Pro96Com Radio & Talkgroup files? (FYI I'm using the latest version) What are the file format constraints? It seems like the program is VERY picky about formatting...

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I knew all that, part of my issue might be that I'm working with a Mac via Windows Parallels. Previously posts suggested Excel won't generate the proper type of CSV file. So far I've not been able to generate a CSV file that will work via Excel, but it sounds like there is a way to do it. So, I'll keep playing around with it...

mikey60

The only thing I can think of off hand that might be an issue with Excel is that is needs to quote all text fields. By default it only does that if there is a comma within the data, at least from what I've seen on the PC version. That may be part of the issue.

Mike

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I can think of off hand that might be an issue with Excel is that is needs to quote all text fields. By default it only does that if there is a comma within the data, at least from what I've seen on the PC version. That may be part of the issue.

Mike

To clarify does Pro96Com need all the text fields quoted (but not the numeric fields)?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: I've been experimenting on a Windows Laptop and I've made some progress. The program accepts manual edits if I insert "default" values for every field. However, I haven't found a way to insert "empty string" or null values. Is this even possible, or do I have to use "default" values for every field? (If not I really don't care, it's pretty easy to insert default values if necessary)

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Can someone advise on a good method/program to create custom Pro96Com Radio & Talkgroup files? (FYI I'm using the latest version) What are the file format constraints? It seems like the program is VERY picky about formatting...

[Edit/Update] I successfully generated a compatible file with Microsoft Works using default values for every field, issue resolved:)

Status
Not open for further replies.