Unitrunker/RTL2832U stops running

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Have an ezcap DVB-TFM DAB that I have working fine with HDSDR and SDR#, so I thought I'd give it a go in in Untrunker (1.0.28.4). I followed some instructions (located here: RTL-SDR Tutorial: Following Trunked Radio with Unitrunker - rtl-sdr.com ) however as soon as I attempt to "start" the receiver in Untrunker it displays "running" for less than a second, then displays "stopped" and does nothing more. Wondering if anyone has any advice, tips or suggestions.

reconrider8

not sure but is that the very latest version on unitrunker? i had an older version also but i upgraded to the newest version and got it setup with that

SCPD

QRT
as soon as I attempt to "start" the receiver in Untrunker it displays "running" for less than a second, then displays "stopped" and does nothing more.
The RTL stick is either (a) in use by another SDR program (SDR# is notorious for this) or (b) the tuner chip inside the RTL stick is not an R820T.

ad8g

Feed Provider
I am experiencing this same issue. I cracked open the dongle to ensure that it is actually an R820T. The dongle is installed using the WinUSB driver, SDR# works with it just fine (and I made sure SDR# was not running when I tried it).

This is on Windows 8.1 x64.

Edit: I tried it with both the latest release and the latest preview of Unitrunker, as downloaded today.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Hi Dan;

Avoid the preview versions. Those are experimental.
I don't know what's going on here. You've mentioned most of the usual suspects. Here's a check list to try top to bottom. Maybe something was missed.

1. I'm assuming no other SDR related software is running.
2. Run Zadig - only to verify the RTL device is paired with WinUSB (not libusbK or some other driver).
3. Verify the RTL stick is working with SDR#.
4. Leave SDR# running, but change the input device to your sound card or to a file.
5. Open the Unitrunker receiver window for your RTL stick.
6. Click the "refresh" button on the receiver window toolbar (this re-populates the list of available RTL devices).
7. Verify the selection in the RTL device combo box (if the RTL stick moved to a different USB port - the program might not find it; the refresh above tells you the new device name).
8. Don't worry about gain or AGC just yet.
9. Click the Start button on the receiver window toolbar.
10. You should see something in the Scope tab. If this works, great!
11. If this does not work, go back to SDR#, re-select the RTL USB device and click Start.
12. Does the RTL stick still work in SDR#?
13. Please report back here with your results.

ad8g

Feed Provider
Followed those exact steps - still no go. The dongle does work after I re-select it in SDR# and hit start.

ad8g

Feed Provider
Attached is a screen shot of the tuner config.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 6.16.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 6.16.49 PM.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 747

bassjunkie

Also having this issue in UniTrunker 1.0.31.2. Going to try the latest non-experimental release this afternoon. Works fine in SDRSharp and SDRTrunk. For reference, haven't tried Unitrunker on this PC before. Have tried various troubleshooting things, inc. running as admin, reinstalling zadig driver, trying other zadig drivers. Device is an E4000, driver WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385).

ad8g

Feed Provider
I got it working! My dongle shows up as 2 USB devices. I removed the drivers for both, then using Zadig, I only installed the driver for the first one (0). Then it started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.