PRO96Com error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravada

After having installed and reinstalled the program several times on my Window 7 desktop I continue to get an error when I select "read data from radio" I get "Access violation at address 00691D08 in module Pro96Com.exe Read of address 65747379." Any suggestions?

mikey60

You could try renaming the Pro96Com.ini file, which should be located in your My Documents\Pro96Com folder and try again to see if something got messed up in the configuration data.

Does it crash immediately or after a couple seconds once it finds the system ID and site ID? If it's after a few seconds, there might be corruption in the system files for that system.

Mike

bravada

Hi Mike;
Basically what is happening is that I have the USB cable run from scanner to computer and connected.
When I initialize the program, the main screen opens up and when I click on "Edit>Decode Configuration" I get the error that I indicated. If I try to just click on :"Decode>Read Data from radio" I get "Error Code 3 path not found". Communications working fine with scanner using same cable and computer if I'm using Butel ARCXT Pro so I know I have proper drivers etc.
Al

mikey60

Ok, sounds almost like the COM port is set incorrectly. That would be the Error Code 3 message. You might need to edit the ini file and set the port there.

Mike

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Pro96Com is compatible with Win 7 64 bits for sure because I use it a lot and this is the windows I have. It should also be compatible with Win 7 32 bits.

Hope this helps.

MattSR

Yep it does - I added settings to the .ini file to allow me to manually select the COM port and the issue was fixed. The problem appears to be with the COM port auto detect feature.

mikey60

I've had reports of that before on the com port detection. Never been able to figure out why.

FWIW, my development machine is a Windows 7 64 bit machine, so the program runs fine on that OS.

Mike

MattSR

Excellent, thanks for the response mike. I do have other devices hooked up to other com ports, so perhaps it's related to that.

Either way, it's back to being as solid as a rock. The issue only started with a fresh install on a new machine - my old machine was fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.