Pro96Com 996XT control

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpetraglia

Trying to control second scanner (996XT) and it just rounds off all the frequencies in VHF P25. Its fine in 800 P25. Is this a setting in the scanner or in Pro96? It has always worked perfectly in all my GRE scanners.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Voyager

Trying to control second scanner (996XT) and it just rounds off all the frequencies in VHF P25. Its fine in 800 P25. Is this a setting in the scanner or in Pro96? It has always worked perfectly in all my GRE scanners.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Check the bandplan STEP SIZE for the band that is having issues.

cpetraglia

I've tried changing that and it does change the tuned frequency, however they are still wrong. They are very close and sometimes will lock on the a voice channel, sometimes not. Driving me nuts. Besides when you use the control feature, it puts the radio in quick search mode. Do the band plan variables even effect quick search?

cpetraglia

Also looking at system (VA Stars) in Pro96com, it lists three different step sizes. One is .00025 and there is no 2.5 listed in the 996XT. It all seems to work fine with a loaded system. I have become addicted to Pro96Com for scanner control. I took the chance in the 996XT to see if the audio quality was better and I think it is much better than the GREs. It seems to me to a much more diffucult scanner to set up. There is no software to set parameters in the radio. I have Freescan. all it will do is set up systems. Unless I missing something, the only way to tweak the scanner is through the front panel. I realize this post probably should be in the Uniden forum, However, I cannot post in that forum. Says I do not have permission. Who knows?

Last edited:

Voyager

I've tried changing that and it does change the tuned frequency, however they are still wrong. They are very close and sometimes will lock on the a voice channel, sometimes not. Driving me nuts. Besides when you use the control feature, it puts the radio in quick search mode. Do the band plan variables even effect quick search?

Can you cite some examples? It would help with the diagnosis. Yes, the bandplan affects Quick Search.

cpetraglia

Can you cite some examples? It would help with the diagnosis. Yes, the bandplan affects Quick Search.
The system is not too busy right now. Here are three examples:
Actual 158.7975 996XT 158.8000
159.0975 159.1000
159.2175 159.2187
The squelch wont open and I see LNK instead of P25.
I've tried multiple step sizes in the band plan, to no avail.

Chuck

mikey60

Is the frequency on the screen showing correctly or is it showing the odd frequencies? What it's showing should be what it's sending to the scanner to tune.

Mike

cpetraglia

Is the frequency on the screen showing correctly or is it showing the odd frequencies? What it's showing should be what it's sending to the scanner to tune.

Mike
Pro96Com is showing the correct frequencies. It's the 996XT that is not tuning properly. I have used two different PSR 600s with no problems and no scanner adjustments to get it to work. This 996XT is not a very user frendly scanner. My primary use for it is the control scanner for Pro96Com.
I tried some more things this morning that made no difference.

cpetraglia

Thank you everyone. The step size was the problem. Pro96com reported in the site information step sizes that did not work. I tried 7.5 out of the blue and everything worked fine. I'd love to know why this happened, but am not that worried about it. As long as it works.

Thanks again,
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.