Unitrunker Release 30 (updated with Hot Fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Release 30

Now using a WIX installer so, before upgrading, examine your start menu short-cut. Make a note of the *working* folder. After upgrading, you may need to hand-edit the new shortcut(s) working folder to point to this folder.

Edit: don't use the desktop short cut created by the installer (delete it). Launch the program from the start menu instead. On Windows 8.1, you can use the "Pin to task bar" option to make launching the program more convenient. See this thread for detais. Thanks to Saint and moonbounce for their feedback.

Decoding

a. Discover mode check box (replaces the receiver lock mode combo box).
b. Pick site dialog - accessible from Site window tool button; grab a previously logged site and point signal receiver to it.
c. Chase control channel behavior much improved for all receiver models.
d. Dwell time for control channel chasing is more accurate.
e. Prevent crash when user deletes a running receiver (don't delete it).
f. Edits to park frequency (re)enable Discover mode.

P25

a. RR DB download of "zoned" P25 systems didn't retain all downloaded information.
b. Guard against unlikely (but actually happened) scenario where second TSBK of multi OSP passed the 16 bit CRC check but wasn't a single OSP message. The number in the "follow" TSBKs field was crazy high (100 or more) which caused problems downstream.
c. P25 issues monitor events.

Motorola

a. RR DB download of OmniLink systems didn't retain all downloaded information.
b. RR DB download - ignore nil fleetmap for non-Motorola systems.

Display

a. Joins to same talk group more than 3 seconds later are logged (previously these were not logged).
b. Update site's last seen time stamp.

Voice Following

a. Clear call type when clearing old calls.
b. Propagate digital call type for grants.
c. Call mask is now 16 bits (more than 8 call classes).
d. Hack for mixed encrypted / clear digital calls on P25.
e. Bug fix for voice class on P25 continuations.

RTL2832U

a. Automatic fine tuning for RTL2832U receivers (requires squelch setting "full quiet" when no carrier present).
b. Squelch setting in decibels.
c. AFC with better modelling formulas.
d. Limit UI entry of warp value to +/- 250 ppm.
e. AFT logic now has guardrail to restrict auto correction to fit within channel bandwidth. Roughly +/- 7 ppm at 851 Mhz.
f. Zero squelch turns off AFT.
g. Tweaking correction value turns off AFT.

HP-1E

a. receiver window missing mute, analog and digital WAVE outputs, and de-emphasis check box.

Additional information on discover mode and the pick site dialog.

Chase | Dwell | Discover | Pick Site | Pollution

Download

Index of /download

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks Rick -- I haven't played with Unitrunker for a while but pulled it down at 3am this morning and let 'er rip.

The install went fine ... found my old data (which confused me at first because I was seeing things that didn't make sense - peers, etc. - but that was from the old data).

Moved the old data aside and started fresh.

Editing of system activity is really nice and easy....

Couple of observations:

- I'm worried about losing my edits. I don't see a way to force saving and the files (unitrunker.xml etc.) are still timestamped as last modified at start up time 6-7 hours ago and the R and S folders are empty. How often is the data saved? Is there way to force saving of the data?

- the INFO tab is showing first and last activity times as the same time

- the system I'm monitoring has two callsigns being broadcast (2 different frequencies) but only one of the callsigns is being displayed on the INFO tab

- any chance of starting with a different default string color on the Call History tab? the light green on white is a little hard to see.

SCPD

QRT
I'm worried about losing my edits. I don't see a way to force saving and the files (unitrunker.xml etc.) are still timestamped as last modified at start up time 6-7 hours ago and the R and S folders are empty. How often is the data saved? Is there way to force saving of the data?
There is a "Save" button on the Archive tab of the main window.
There is an "Auto Save" check box on the Options tab of the main window. The auto save is every fifteen or thirty minutes. If you've made a mess of things, use the "take me back" button on the Archive tab to roll back to an older copy of your data.

- the INFO tab is showing first and last activity times as the same time
Site window? I'll check this out.

- the system I'm monitoring has two callsigns being broadcast (2 different frequencies) but only one of the callsigns is being displayed on the INFO tab
The most recent call sign is displayed.

- any chance of starting with a different default string color on the Call History tab? the light green on white is a little hard to see.
You can change the colors. Here's a theme I use ...

http://www.unitrunker.com/midnight.png

You can edit the foreground text color for each group and user.

nermel

Thank you for what you do with this app, it gets better over time. I use Unitrunker for my stream, it works quite well, overall. My voice receiver is a modified Nooelec, with 0.5ppm correction. Would it be best to disable drift correction for this receiver?

I've noticed an increase in memory used when it runs for a while. Memory used went from 17,672 to 21,700 in just over 2 hours. Could this possibly be a memory leak?

SCPD

QRT
Hi nermel;

My voice receiver is a modified Nooelec, with 0.5ppm correction. Would it be best to disable drift correction for this receiver?
Yes. You can leave the warp value at zero. The program will accept decimal values. If you have a small working correction value, you can use it. You can also leave AFT off since you don't it.

I've noticed an increase in memory used when it runs for a while. Memory used went from 17,672 to 21,700 in just over 2 hours. Could this possibly be a memory leak?
Hope not. The history grids are memory based. You can change the history depth from the default 4 hours to a bigger or smaller value as you see fit.

SCPD

QRT
Release 30 Hot Fix

This hot fix addresses the problem reported by troymail and chris where the first seen time stamp on groups and users was updated. It should be set only once.

The images to the "read me" have also been updated. Some were about five years out of date.

Latest release version is now 1.0.30.10.

Enjoy!

Index of /download

pkneeyahx

Human
im encountering an issue trying to add a colour word. it's not letting me type in the word. a new line is created, but nothing else. clicking edit only allows one to edit the colour word section. Police, Utility, etc.

SCPD

QRT
Rick (or anyone else) ? for you .. I am finding the Annunciation part very sporatic. Sometimes it will work .. sometimes not. I would like really to just put some sort of alert on radios mostly .. as there are very very few needs to put it on a talkgroup on my system. I have never been able to make it work on a radio .. only on a talkgroup and even then .. not very often will it work. Anyone have any thoughts ?

I am running the latest version above .. and with an updated shortcut to point to my data, it works just fine and finds my data.

And Rick for a future release .. could you add the ability to show the notes data (as an option) on the screen at the top when a radio transmits (for example at the end by svc) ? That way we could put info in there and have it show when a radio does transmit. I have all the available options selected but that is not an option you can choose. If there is some other functionality do to the same .. please let me know.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
edmscan;

I don't understand half of this post ... questions follow.

Rick (or anyone else) ? for you .. I am finding the Annunciation part very sporatic. Sometimes it will work .. sometimes not.
To which "it" are you referring? There are several types of alerts. Do you see a pattern of when it does vs. does not work?

I have never been able to make it work on a radio .. only on a talkgroup and even then .. not very often will it work.
Same problem. Which "it" ?

I am running the latest version above .. and with an updated shortcut to point to my data, it works just fine and finds my data.
Awesome! Glad we got past that.

could you add the ability to show the notes data (as an option) on the screen at the top when a radio transmits (for example at the end by svc) ?
Which screen? Do you mean the site window, receiver window or somewhere else?

Beware the Tag and Label fields can be displayed in the activity portion of the Calls tab on the Site window. Is the Label field not long enough to put whatever text you need? One of the annunciation options is "blink". Does the radio text blink during the call?

SCPD

QRT
I'm encountering an issue trying to add a colour word. It's not letting me type in the word. A new line is created, but nothing else. Clicking edit only allows one to edit the colour word section. Police, Utility, etc.

I just tried this.

I click "+" next to "Words".

A line with a blank appears.

I click the blank line to select it.

I click the edit button.

I type some text - it appears in the text box.

I press enter. The text remains.

You can also type "F2" to enter edit mode and type "Esc" to exit edit mode.

SCPD

QRT
The "it" would be the audio part of the Annunciate part. The radio info will blink if that option is set .. but no sound. The only way I can get sound .. and that is sporadic, is for a talkgoup on the left and even then it will not happen very often. I will do a controlled and documented test to confirm my findings tomorrow.

2nd ? ... already noted above.

The NOTES thing .. on the "CallHistory" tab of the main window at the top half where the transmissions are shown. To answer your ? .. yes I can append that notes data to the Audience part .. but would just prefer it as a separate option on the very right. It just would be a bit cleaner. I would think it should be an option just like the other items in that list, you can turn it on and off as desired.

To answer the blink part .. yes it does blink that I can tell if the annunciation part is enabled just the audio part is sporadic.

Let me know if you have more ?'s. I am not always able to use the right terms to get my thoughts across .. and I will be the first to admit that old age is making this harder.

EDIT .. Rick I just did a controlled test for 20 min or so and my findings were what I have been seeing. The blinking is working 100% of the time. But the audio .. is not working at all, and is very very rare.In my test .. not one beep of audio and yes my volume is turned up. I set the annunciation to Ring .. on a dispatcher, on the most active tg on my system and no audio just blinking.

But do love Unitrunker .. and do appreciate your work.

Last edited:

joeuser

The Wretched
Great - can't wait to give this version a try! Thanks for making this program & making it freely available to us - we all appreciate your hard work & effort.

pkneeyahx

Human
I just tried this.

I click "+" next to "Words".

A line with a blank appears.

I click the blank line to select it.

I click the edit button.

I type some text - it appears in the text box.

I press enter. The text remains.

You can also type "F2" to enter edit mode and type "Esc" to exit edit mode.

weird. F2 worked no problem. the edit button doesn't do anything. thanks for your help.

SCPD

QRT
Rick .. can you please do something about the insane LCN issues on Edacs systems. I get "extra bogus lcn's" all the time and have to delete them manually. Maybe an option to only put the confirmed ones on the screen would resolve the problem. My system has been around for 19 years .. there are no new lcn's and never will be. My only way to resolve it .. is to overwrite my data with a "good" backup copy when I start the program to keep the bogus LCN's at bay at least for a while. But having to restart the program .. or deleting them manually is a big pain.

SCPD

QRT
Rick .. can you please do something about the insane LCN issues on Edacs systems. I get "extra bogus lcn's" all the time and have to delete them manually.

Anyone else have this problem?

jpryor

Confirm the EDACS LCNs you are seeing are not the special status LCNs.

Logical Channel Number - The RadioReference Wiki

s DOWNLINK,1a,ffff,0
s RESERVED,1b,ffff,0
s CONVERTc,1c,ffff,0
s QUEUEDid,1d,ffff,0
s SYS-BUSY,1e,ffff,0
s DENIEDid,1f,ffff,0

Those would be expected with EDACS.

But even with Motorola and P25 I get extra channels at times that are not correct, from poor decode or some other reason. I know we can set channels as 'confirmed' and you'd want to know about legit new channels, but maybe a setting to prevent unconfirmed channels from showing up as a possible solution.

SCPD

QRT
I would be very much in favor of limiting it to confirmed ones especially for those of us that have "mature systems" that have been around for well over a decade. I know Edacs is a thorn in Ricks side .. and there are probably few of us left with these systems.

My system is old ... and going away in 2 years but it is painful. My other option is just sucking it up and leaving them alone. I will monitor it .. and if these are the special ones and they are consistent .. at least I can label them as such. But .. truthfully I do not care to see them even if that was the case, given an option and would be happy just to see the voice / control channel lcn's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.