Radio Labels in Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravada

Premium Subscriber
My program seems to randomly assign LABELS to RID's therefore they are not correct. It is an existing label that is tagged to other RID's but not correct in this case. Any ideas?

SCPD

QRT
My program seems to randomly assign LABELS to RID's therefore they are not correct. It is an existing label that is tagged to other RID's but not correct in this case. Any ideas?

There isn't enough information. Please elaborate.

When did you first notice this? What were you doing at the time the extra labels appeared? How did you assign the original label? Is it just the label or also the text color? Is this a one-time thing or on-going?

The text for your labels come from the following places:

1. RR DB download.
2. Manual edit.
3. System level template.
4. Previously saved data.

The program does not download radio IDs from the RR DB so that can be eliminated.

If you had more that one user selected while editing the label text - that would assign the same text to multiple radio IDs.

If you've edited the user template for this system, those settings are used to create new users as radio IDs are first discovered.

Hand-edits to the XML file where your radio system information is logged could potentially make a mess.

bravada

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your suggestions. All my radio ID's and talkgroup ID's were entered manually. I spent a fair bit of time checking and rechecking things and when i couldn't find anything wrong that i could see, i deleted everything and re-installed everything. Everything has been working just fine since!

Another question now that I have manually entered a pile of ID's, what is the file named that radio and group information are saved in? I know they used to be in GID and RID in previous versions. Thanks for helping.

SCPD

QRT
Go to the Archive tab and click on the Folder button.

Windows Explorer will display the folder with your data files.

Configuration information is in Configure.xml

Trunked radio system information is in Unitrunker.xml

Status
Not open for further replies.