Can't Decode Any Signals Using BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA1RNE

Premium Subscriber
I have one receiver set up in Unitrunker as an in-line receiver decoding RS-232 from the radio. The radio starts and I see frequencies being scanned but I never get a Site screen and no audio.

What am I missing??

WA1RNE

Premium Subscriber
Program the signal role BCT15X to scan only one site.

Have it scan one talkgroup that is seldom used (or not actually used). This will cause the radio to stay on the control channel and provide control channel information to your computer.

UniTrunker | BCD996XT | BCD396XT | BC346XT | BCT15X

I found that I didn't have the Control Channel Output setting set to on and I saw the site screen come up once with one entry for a Motorola system, but that's it. I also set it to provide the output to the front port.

Step 5 for configuring the BCT15X says: "Set the radio to Hold on the control channel. It must not scan or search while decoding."

How is this done? I don't see a setting for this within the settings menus

Voyager

It's the button on the lower right corner of the scanner marked HOLD/RESUME. Press it while on the control channel, or press it and scroll to the active control channel.

WA1RNE

Premium Subscriber
I understand how to hold on a channel, but isn't the purpose of this software to be able to scan multiple channels and decode P25 modulation, etc - as opposed to just sitting on one channel?

....or is there a minimum hold time the software requires to decode? There isn't a whole lot of explanation about any of this in the setup manual from unitrunker.

SCPD

QRT
The program is designed for multiple receivers. If you only want to see control channel activity, one receiver will do. The program does not scan anything. It decodes a continuous stream of control channel data.

To hear voice traffic, you must also configure one voice following receiver. You can configure as many receivers as you like.

Voyager

You need two scanners to receive transmissions using UT - one (the DATA scanner) to HOLD on the control channel to feed UT the control channel data, and a second (the VOICE scanner) to receive the voice channel traffic. You seemed to be describing the data scanner operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.