Duplicate System ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkfish457

I'm attempting to download frequencies into Unitrunker. The system I want to download is LWIN-Slidell SID 7302. When I type that SID into Unitrunker, I download a system from Wausau, Wisconsin SID 7302.

How can I download the correct frequencies or do I need to enter them by hand?

Thx

pinkfish457

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The "SID" of 7302 if you're entering it into Unitrunker at the bottom of the system form, is the RadioReference database ID. Unrelated to the system ID. Look at the end of the URL when you're viewing an RRDB trunked system entry in a browser and you'll see this number.

If you want to enter LWIN using the RRDB SID, you can use the value 4347. If you don't know (or don't want to bother looking up) the RRDB SID, you can leave the "SID" field in Unitrunker untouched (IIRC, it populates with 0 on a new system) and enter the radio system ID in the "ID" field, directly below the Type field at the top of the form. Keep in mind that the ID is displayed in UT 'backwards' to how the RRDB displays it, so you would have to enter BEE00-1BD for LWIN.

pinkfish457

I open Unitrunker, then go to the systems page, highlite/click on the system (LWIN) which I've already downloaded. At the bottom of the next page is RadioReference.com SID. The SID which is entered is 4347,that is the SID for the entire LWIN database. I want to download Slidell. When I highlite Slidell on the RR database (LWIN) page the SID# at the very top of the browser is SID 7302. When I enter 7302 I download the Wisconsin frequencies.
Any suggestions?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I open Unitrunker, then go to the systems page, highlite/click on the system (LWIN) which I've already downloaded. At the bottom of the next page is RadioReference.com SID. The SID which is entered is 4347,that is the SID for the entire LWIN database. I want to download Slidell. When I highlite Slidell on the RR database (LWIN) page the SID# at the very top of the browser is SID 7302. When I enter 7302 I download the Wisconsin frequencies.
Any suggestions?

I know you replied again below this message and sorted out your issue, but I wanted to point out that the 7302 when you look at the Slidell site is the Site ID, not the system ID. Note the end of the URL:

Code:
?siteId=7302

If it was the (RRDB) system ID, it would say 'sid' instead of 'siteId'.

In any case, you can't download only one site into Unitrunker. You've indicated you've already got some data in UT; just hit the download button on that entry, without changing any values, and Slidell and all the other sites will be downloaded automatically.

You could then delete all the sites except Slidell, but Unitrunker is probably going to recreate at least one or two immediately because Slidell probably has "neighbors" (sites which the system automatically announces as being next door, so that radios know what frequencies to search when they roam).

Status
Not open for further replies.