New System Help & Newbie help

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowe604

Premium Subscriber
I am somewhat a newbie to the P25 Trunking systems... I am monitoring a new system and would like to know how to decode or figure out the talkgroup information. I have a PRO-197. I see there are several out there that seem to be able to download & decode this easily. Any advice or point me in the right direction would be a big help. Thanks.

teufler

there is a posting , near the top of new postings. The party has a pro-197 and software packages are discussed and recommended. With those, you can log into RR, picked the Trunking systems you want with the attached talk groups. With this loaded into the radio, you will get the info you want,. I use ARC 500 though I have used WIN500 too.

crowe604

Premium Subscriber
there is a posting , near the top of new postings. The party has a pro-197 and software packages are discussed and recommended. With those, you can log into RR, picked the Trunking systems you want with the attached talk groups. With this loaded into the radio, you will get the info you want,. I use ARC 500 though I have used WIN500 too.

This is a new system any only a couple talk groups have been decoded whatever its called. I was going to try an see what I could figure out.

teufler

talk groups identifing, you will decode all who show up. I am in the middle of identifying a new syste, here in st charles county, mo. St charles city was 800 digital trunking. St Peters PD was 800 analog trunking. St Charles Cty PD was vhf p25 non trunking. Two other cities were anolog vhf. They have all migrated to a system thats called SLATER. Its p25 digital trunking, and I have to copy or log everything, capture unit id's, and capture mp3 files of the transmissions. Then with the talk groups captured, we try to determine who is what and in what city. Real fun.....With the ARC 500 premium package, you can log and then make a best guess who and what they are. Not sure about WIN500 what it will log. I looked in Henderson Cty, I found only 5 systems, only one was law enforcement, the Indiana system..

Status
Not open for further replies.