What kind of transmission is this? - OSU CampusParc

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdigg

Premium Subscriber
CampusParc handles the parking operations at The Ohio State University. They previously used the OSU Motorola type 2 radio system for communications but I haven't heard them for about 6 months. I regularly monitor the Ohio Marcs-IP system that OSU is switching to and haven't heard them there either.

Recently I was browsing the FCC licensing system website and came across a license for them, WQTR221, that was recently granted. I have monitored their frequencies but just get digital transmissions of some kind. I know very little about what types of system's sound like at the raw level and was hoping that someone could tell me what kind of system they are using and how I can go about decoding it. I have tried it as a Motorola type 2 and P25 system with no luck. Their vehicle still have the same 700 mhz band antennas on them, looks like a Motorola HAF4017A. so I'm not sure where they have gone and what this new system is used for. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a video of the transmissions:
http://youtu.be/wo7MQk1dNQg

Here is a link to their FCC page: ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQTR221 - Campus Parc

If there is a better section on the forum for this kind of question please move this thread there or direct me to the right place. Thanks!

nickdigg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys! I know nothing about the emission designators and didn't even think to look into it, good to know! Kind of a bummer since I cant scan MotoTRBO except with DSD but at least I know where they went.

W8RMH you sure are a wealth of information, you always show up, thanks for all of your help.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Thanks guys! I know nothing about the emission designators and didn't even think to look into it, good to know! Kind of a bummer since I cant scan MotoTRBO except with DSD but at least I know where they went.

W8RMH you sure are a wealth of information, you always show up, thanks for all of your help.

Anymore when I look at a license the first thing I check are the EDs. Motorola is really pushing these MOTOTRBO systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.