• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5JG

Premium Subscriber
Since this involves two different systems, I'll post here, in the generic trunking forum. I'm not the one who will be implementing the solution, but I'm looking to see if there is a better way to do this.

Here is the scenario: A Harris P25 system and a Motorola TRBO system across town. Have four existing talkgroups on the Harris side gatewayed to four new talkgroups on the TRBO side.

The obvious method would involve using four TRBO radios connected to the Harris interop gateway, with analog audio in/out of the interop gateway.

Is there a way to connect the two systems via IP and eliminate the four TRBO radios and the analog conversion? Obviously, this would require something that can speak the TRBO protocol and also talk to the Harris interop gateway. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks.

Firebuff880

Since this involves two different systems, I'll post here, in the generic trunking forum. I'm not the one who will be implementing the solution, but I'm looking to see if there is a better way to do this.

Here is the scenario: A Harris P25 system and a Motorola TRBO system across town. Have four existing talkgroups on the Harris side gatewayed to four new talkgroups on the TRBO side.

The obvious method would involve using four TRBO radios connected to the Harris interop gateway, with analog audio in/out of the interop gateway.

Is there a way to connect the two systems via IP and eliminate the four TRBO radios and the analog conversion? Obviously, this would require something that can speak the TRBO protocol and also talk to the Harris interop gateway. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks.

Avtec Consoles and Twisted-Pair (Now a Division of Motorola) are the only two suppliers with a license for IP Audio into MOTOTRBO. So the short answer to your question is no. Control Stations are your only answer.right now.

But depending on the topology chosen for the MOTOTRBO(tm) deployment there may be a few other answers. AKA: IP Site Connect, you could talk with Rayfield.

Pure VoIP Dispatch for Mission-Critical & Operations
WAVE 3000 - Motorola Solutions USA - Motorola Solutions Australia & New Zealand
c-Bridge

JRayfield

We are also licensed for the audio interface at the IP level for conventional MOTOTRBO systems (single repeaters or IP Site Connect systems). The c-Bridge is the product that can do this.

John Rayfield, Jr.
Rayfield Communications

Avtec Consoles and Twisted-Pair (Now a Division of Motorola) are the only two suppliers with a license for IP Audio into MOTOTRBO. So the short answer to your question is no. Control Stations are your only answer.right now.

But depending on the topology chosen for the MOTOTRBO(tm) deployment there may be a few other answers. AKA: IP Site Connect, you could talk with Rayfield.

Pure VoIP Dispatch for Mission-Critical & Operations
WAVE 3000 - Motorola Solutions USA - Motorola Solutions Australia & New Zealand
c-Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.