• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication G4/G5 Stand. I recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prc117f

I am ordering another unit. They are versatile and I would say a must have accessory if you plan on ordering a G4 or G5 unit.

The stand has a nice build quality and offers several connectors on the back of the stand. Commercial heavy use quality.

You have a BNC jack for antenna, (I suspect this is for the UHF/VHF side not the 700-800mhz side serviced by the little 1/4 length antenna)

You have a Controller 9 pin port (RS-232 for programming?)
A 5 pin round Accessory port.
A Speaker out port
A DC Out USB connector (ie you can use it to charge your phone or attach a USB powered speaker or mini amp)

A Horn 4 pin connector, this would be for ALARM use.
Then finally a round center positive 12v DC in. which you can use a cigarette lighter adapter with it and attach the stand in a vehicle.

The radio slides in and then you can lock it in place with the belt clip to the backside of the stand so it does not slip out (ie in Vehicle use)

The unit has an alarm defeat button to silence an alarm/acknowledge.
There are several lights on the top of the stand as well for battery charge status,communications status with the 9pin port etc.

The front of the unit has a front firing speaker and a volume knob. The Audio output from the internal speaker is loud and can fill a room easy, even with noises from equipment in the room etc.. no issue hearing. I barely move the knob to get the volume I want.

With this stand you turn your G5 into a base unit it runs off power and charges the battery and much more convenient to charge compared to having to use the side USB port on the radio.

For some reason this stand very well known, it could be that production is limited and stock comes in and out go and maybe they want to first fill orders for public safety and other critical users before they put them up on the websites.

57356d1479319358-scannermaster-now-carries-unication-img_3600.jpg

Last edited:

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I have one. The DIN connector is the same pinout as the Minitor amp charger connector for alert relay use. However, my exiting relay didn't play nice with it, started buzzing loudly.

I had some extra din cables, so I wired one to a spare door sensor for my smarthome system. Through the smarthome I can control lights, locks and so on. My old bedside lamp relay now just sits on a shelf in the basement with my old minitor.

The USB output doesn't seem to provide enough juice to charge my iphone though.

Anyone else seem to have problems getting the pager to seat just right and charge? It's almost like the pager is too big or the slot is too small. Inserting it takes too much effort and I feel like I'm cramming it.

Attachments

• IMG_0860(1).jpg
    IMG_0860(1).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,693

prc117f

No issue here. no need to push hard as long as the back of the belt clip latches your good to go.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Unication G4/G5 Stand.

...Anyone else seem to have problems getting the pager to seat just right and charge? It's almost like the pager is too big or the slot is too small. Inserting it takes too much effort and I feel like I'm cramming it.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, if you have removed the batteries, make sure the battery cover is securely attached. With regards to the belt clip, I actually remove it before charging in the drop in charger. It just seems to work better for me that way.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Is there a link to one of these? I see nothing except the G1 version via google search. It must be in limited supply so far?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I believe the rear antenna is for 700/800. I think that was confirmed in another thread.
I believe the manual with pin outs was in a thread too. (Probably that huge thread).

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
I believe the rear antenna is for 700/800. I think that was confirmed in another thread.
I believe the manual with pin outs was in a thread too. (Probably that huge thread).

Well for the pager itself, the antenna is only for 7/800. I would assume on the charger, the external antenna is used for VHF and 7/800... Someone with an external / roof antenna want to confirm? :)

Citywide6

Premium Subscriber
Well for the pager itself, the antenna is only for 7/800. I would assume on the charger, the external antenna is used for VHF and 7/800... Someone with an external / roof antenna want to confirm? :)
I took the G5 into the basement where it gets one bar at best. I put it in the charger and hooked it to coax going to a VHF antenna in the attic and the G5 went straight to five bars. The antenna is a fiberglass marine band omni and works just fine on our simulcast system with 170 MHz control channels. The antenna that comes with the charger is about 17.5 inches long, so I'm thinking not likely meant for anything but VHF.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I agree, I have a G5 here with traffic on both VHF and 800 MHz via MPSCS and the antenna is ONLY for the VHF and/or UHF side of the pager, if you have that model; it does nothing for the 700/800 side of the pager, that traffic is all done via the top mount antenna on the pager.

I took the G5 into the basement where it gets one bar at best. I put it in the charger and hooked it to coax going to a VHF antenna in the attic and the G5 went straight to five bars. The antenna is a fiberglass marine band omni and works just fine on our simulcast system with 170 MHz control channels. The antenna that comes with the charger is about 17.5 inches long, so I'm thinking not likely meant for anything but VHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.