RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Old 05-18-2017, 1:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Opening PPS

So I emailed, got info, downloaded, opened, entered some data, saved it... left open on computer, house electric went out. Go to restart software, WHERE IS IT? lol See no quick links in program bar on Win7. Do a search, find it in VTRoot off of the C:\ (main hdd). Click on app and it gets blocked from antivirus software. Unblock, cool, I'm moving now, get the login screen. Type admin, admin... not correct login!?!? Did I put in info for another login when I started playing with it? Confused.
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2017, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnCowboy View Post
So I emailed, got info, downloaded, opened, entered some data, saved it... left open on computer, house electric went out. Go to restart software, WHERE IS IT? lol See no quick links in program bar on Win7. Do a search, find it in VTRoot off of the C:\ (main hdd). Click on app and it gets blocked from antivirus software. Unblock, cool, I'm moving now, get the login screen. Type admin, admin... not correct login!?!? Did I put in info for another login when I started playing with it? Confused.
Don't you think it would help just a little, to tell the group just which software program your playing with?
Old 05-18-2017, 4:53 PM

I'm assuming since it's in the Unication Forum and the thread topic is "Opening PPS" one can make a logical conclusion as to what he is referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2017, 6:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal-Zero View Post
I'm assuming since it's in the Unication Forum and the thread topic is "Opening PPS" one can make a logical conclusion as to what he is referring to.

Except there are at least eight different PPS apps for the various pager models…

For the OP…you may want to remove and reinstall…and hope it removes any stored password.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:02 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I had a somewhat similar issue with the G1 PPS. I was in the middle of writing a new codeplug and got dispatched for a call. I didn't have my laptop plugged in & wound up being gone longer than I thought I would be. Got home and of course my laptop battery was dead. No big deal, plugged in and Windows resumed. The G1 PPS was closed and I wasn't to worried because I hadn't put much work in to the codeplug so starting over wasn't horrible. But sometimes when I would try to open PPS I would get some random error, or when it would start I couldn't log in with the admin, admin login credentials you'd normally use. The only way I could fix it was to uninstall it and then redownload it from the Unication USA website.
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2017, 1:51 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

My fault for not being more specific. G4... Will try to reinstall and see what happens after saving the main folder I found just incase it wants to loose my data I spent time loading. I haven't looked but is that in a specific folder?
Old 05-19-2017, 1:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Worked! Thanks for all the suggestions. Just didn't know if I was missing some minor detail! Guessing the abrupt shut down caused it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank YOU!
Old 05-19-2017, 6:53 AM

For the G5 I always export my file and save it in "My Documents." I've had several times where I juts could get PPS to open and had to uninstall and reinstall.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:47 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Where is the PPS?

Since reinstalling yesterday, haven't closed the PPS app yet. I'm still not seeing a quick link in my start menu (even under folders or programs) or on my desktop (Win7). I recall it saying -default, it would do that. I also watched closer as it reinstalled and it said it would install the program under the C:\Unication.....etc file folder. I do not see that either.
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2017, 1:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Path

C:\Unication\G_Series_PPS_V00-03-05_Beta07\G_Series_PPS_V00-03-05_Beta07.exe

This is the default path for my desktop, hope this helps.

Dennis
Old 05-20-2017, 8:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks. Knew it said it put it under C:\, but for some reason, it's putting it in a folder VTRoot\HarddiskVolume2. It seems to be a problem with my antivirus/internet security software, Comodo... putting it in a sandbox safety area.... (sigh)