RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2017, 5:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default G4 PPS, different county systems

Soooo, I probably am not doing something right. I want to listen to a neighboring county and I put that control channel into No. 2 spot on tab#2-Frequency & System settings. Do I just add the TGID's for that system under tab #4 Group ID Setting onto the already existing TGIDs for the other county system?

I put the different county under my second Zone but I'm getting a "out of range" message... even when I drove INTO that county????
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2017, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnCowboy View Post
Soooo, I probably am not doing something right. I want to listen to a neighboring county and I put that control channel into No. 2 spot on tab#2-Frequency & System settings. Do I just add the TGID's for that system under tab #4 Group ID Setting onto the already existing TGIDs for the other county system?

I put the different county under my second Zone but I'm getting a "out of range" message... even when I drove INTO that county????
Sounds like you added a CC frequency for a neighboring county system onto an existing system. This is probably not going to work (it could but it is unlikely).

If it's a different system, you should create a new P25 Trunking System Setting entry for the neighboring system in #2, set the system parameters (WACN, SYSID, RFSS and Site IDs) and then add that CC frequency to that entry.

Then add at least one TGID for that neighboring system in #4.

Then create a new switch position in an existing or new Zone in #5.
Old 05-25-2017, 5:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Also to be on the safe side, enter all control channels in case they rotate so you wont loose coverage. I have 8 different systems programmed entirely separately and all work fine.
Old 05-26-2017, 9:35 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I know it sounds confusing, but if you read carefully what I wrote, I believe I did what you are saying I should do. No. 2 is the second system, completely different entry. I have 2 separate systems, system aliases, wacn, system id, etc. And I believe if I read your post correctly, I am doing it correctly to just add the TGIDs all together from ALL the systems? THAT was my main question. Just seems there would be a separate TGID list for each system but seems from the program, all the TGIDs go into Tab#4 Group IDs? I'm guessing I have something entered in incorrectly if I am getting an "out of range" message when I am in the county I am trying to listen to...

just to clarify, both systems are p25 trunk and I am putting all the CCs for each system into the P25 trunk system settings - Tab#2. Sooooo, No.1 is Hamilton County MARCS, No. 2 is Butler County MARCS.

Since I am in Ohio, both county systems are the same Statewide MARCS system, just different CCs and TGIDs. The WACN and System IDs do happen to be exactly the same I believe. Site ID and RFSS is different.
Old 05-26-2017, 9:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Also, once I get it working with both systems, I think I understand I can not scan both systems on ONE knob channel, but can I have one channel for one county and another of the 8 for another county system? or must I put the other county in a different zone?!?
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2017, 10:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Yes, all TGids go in the same list. You just select which ones you want according to your system.
From your post 4, it looks like you have everything correct. The Site ID, WACN, RFSS & Site # are critical. I would go back through and make sure everything is as it should be. If you have any local 800 analog frequencies, you may try programming it to a separate zone and verify the radio is working.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you. Seems I had everything correct. Database error! :-/