• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ray's Pager Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

I just wanted to take a minute and say thanks to Ray. I just received a G5 from him and I couldn't be happier. He responded quickly to my first contact with him. He actually took the time to call me and we had a great conversation. He does genuinely care for his customers and the products he sales. I've sent u I'm several emails with some questions on a few features and his responses were always fast. MY VHF/7/800 G5 came today and it's working like a champ. It picks up just as good as my XTS. It picked up great on 800 with the factory stubby antenna, even more so with the stubby Motorola 800 antenna on it. Audio is great as well. Now if they can get the Phase 2 stuff situated as well as 2 Tone paging on P25/800 it'll be unbeatable. I'm very impressed with the performance thus far and I've only been using it for about 4 hours. I've got the initial codeplug built with the primary dispatch TG's and our VHF fire frequency for 2 Tone paging. And to get past the inability to "park" on a single TG I just set up Trunking TG Scan with only 1 TG per knob position, with the last position (8) as a primary dispatch TGs scan list. Motorola better either step their game up or step out of the way lol. ****One of my favorite features.......... The option to customize the home screen. May seem simple but I like it LOL****

For those considering a G4 or G5 give Ray a call or shoot him an email. He'll definitely take care of you!
b6bb88ecb3f1ae0ccd49221fd2de436e.jpg
acadbf17949152e5b5685318b64fd4e7.jpg
df2c7fc86f5a63cb86b29279bf78a9e9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KM4WLV

I'm fine with that. I actually tried posting in that thread several times before creating this one. But every time I tried I kept getting an error message and a string of numbers but don't recall right off what they were.

Mods, my apologies. I wasn't trying to duplicate another thread, I just couldn't post in the noted one. I even tried logging out & back in numerous times with no luck.

CFP387

Daniel, how far out of the county have you been with this pager and how did it compare out of the county with your XTS?

KM4WLV

Daniel, how far out of the county have you been with this pager and how did it compare out of the county with your XTS?

It picks up well into Mecklenburg County going south, and as far north as Randolph going up 85. Of course the range is extended a bit by using the Motorola antenna rather than the included stubby. However, the stubby receives just as well as my XTS anywhere in the county.

You know where my house is and I get all but one bar listening to Cabarrus/Concord on it, as well as Stanly County.

I also used it when my wife and I were in Horry County for vacation several weeks ago to listen to the P25 system down there and it worked excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.