• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Scan and page record question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pike63

Department here doesn't get page that often so it's kind of hard to figure out settings some times. Wondering how to get it set up to record a page when one comes in and I'm scanning a group of analog channels. It will set off the tones while it is scanning and a page comes in but it is not recording. I have it set to record but it did nothing. Thinking it is something to do with how I set the reset option.
Now I understand after they set off the tones there is a delay before they talk so the page may go back to scanning but I would think it should still be able to record the page some how.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
On page D5 of PPS, make sure knob reset is set to "Delay N Reset". Set the delay timer to about 30 sec. (you can experiment with the time).

The carrier is dropping after the tone-out and not recording the following transmission because the alert has dropped.

pike63

That is what I was thinking. But wondered if it would record for so long no matter what it did like start scanning again. New to programming one of these so still learning. Doesn't help we have not had a page in a few days.. I have changed it over to delay N reset this morning but no pages to test

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
That is what I was thinking. But wondered if it would record for so long no matter what it did like start scanning again. New to programming one of these so still learning. Doesn't help we have not had a page in a few days.. I have changed it over to delay N reset this morning but no pages to test

That doesn't affect the record time. It is the time the alert stays active after the carrier drops. Think of the tone setting as a filter. The timer keeps that filter open during the carrier drop for the timer setting, so the next transmission that starts within that limit is still affected (open) by the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.