• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V0.93-0.17K-R02 Firmware Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
The latest Firmware has been released. The new link is available by sending an email to P25firmware@unication.com. I have included BOTH the Firmware and PPS in this link so you no longer have to contact your dealer for the firmware as I know this was an issue with many of our customers. Remember, Your dealer should always be your first line of contact for any issues. This is NOT the Phase 2 release. I just thought I would state that for the record so that all understand.

mdsxfire

EDBM
The Official Latest G4/G5 Firmware and PPS Thread

The latest Firmware has been released. The new link is available by sending an email to P25firmware@unication.com. I have included BOTH the Firmware and PPS in this link so you no longer have to contact your dealer for the firmware as I know this was an issue with many of our customers. Remember, Your dealer should always be your first line of contact for any issues. This is NOT the Phase 2 release. I just thought I would state that for the record so that all understand.

I literally almost jumped in the air and screamed at work....till I saw the this is not the phase 2 update. Lol
And are the patch notes in the download?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve2003

Thanks David. Also, thanks for all the release notes included with the firmware/pps link. Updating as we speak.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks David. I see that the PPS software is still limited the number of zones to 32, when it used to be 128 in the 2 versions ago, and older. Hopefully, it's something will be corrected.

TwoWayTim

Thanks David. I see that the PPS software is still limited the number of zones to 32, when it used to be 128 in the 2 versions ago, and older. Hopefully, it's something will be corrected.

The pager specs have always said 256 channels (32x8). My eyes would roll back in my head if i tried to program and work with that many zones.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I don't have any old documentation handy, but older versions did support more than 32 zones. I have 45 in mine. In a large metropolitan area like Dallas/Fort Worth, it's nice to have access to lots of systems without having to reprogram.

The pager specs have always said 256 channels (32x8). My eyes would roll back in my head if i tried to program and work with that many zones.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
color backgrounds seem interesting, dont have a system tonight to test that on

Jimco

If we're having trouble updating, do we still need to contact our dealer? My update sits forever on "Waiting for device" and "Processing". The update log shows this:

invalid line or is comments
2018/01/16 08:26:16

invalid line or is comments

invalid line

len_of_ip 10

ini_parser return 0x00000001

ip[0]:10.10.0.12, name_of_image=Gx_Image_MFG_V0.93-0.17K-R02.bin

from ini: mi[0]->nand_img_name is C:\Users\jamesche\Dropbox\Unication\Tools\G_Series_UniMaintainTools (Portable_Dealer)\G_Series_UniMaintainTools (Portable_Dealer)\Gx_Image_MFG_V0.93-0.17K-R02.bin

check_ini:5697 mi->nand_img_name is C:\Users\jamesche\Dropbox\Unication\Tools\G_Series_UniMaintainTools (Portable_Dealer)\G_Series_UniMaintainTools (Portable_Dealer)\Gx_Image_MFG_V0.93-0.17K-R02.bin

check_ini_5698 mi->rescue_img_name is C:\Users\jamesche\Dropbox\Unication\Tools\G_Series_UniMaintainTools (Portable_Dealer)\G_Series_UniMaintainTools (Portable_Dealer)\G4_BBA_v02p23a_RESCUE_IMAGE.bin

download_type=1, current_ip_index=0, how_may_ip_should_flash=1
2018/01/16 08:26:18

thread wake up, g_mi.is_processing = 1!

pg_ctrl->current_ip_index = 0

L

Legend2010

Try restarting your PC. Disconnect / reconnect the pager. Try a different PC. You might also download the image file again. There is a MD5 file if you want to check it.

Jimco

Try restarting your PC. Disconnect / reconnect the pager. Try a different PC. You might also download the image file again. There is a MD5 file if you want to check it.

Thanks. I already tried all of those. It's weird because I've updated the firmware on this twice before without any problems.

Jimco

Thanks. I already tried all of those. It's weird because I've updated the firmware on this twice before without any problems.

I think I know what's wrong. I'm running the updater from the "portable dealer" update Zip. I think that's the wrong one. :) Stupid user error.

troymail

Silent Key
Silly I know but I'll ask anyway ....

You've unzipped the distro....

The radio is on....

Try a different USB port?

Anything else plugged in via USB?

Can you read/write the G5 with the previous (fw matching) PPS?

troymail

Silent Key
Installed -- I looked through the release notes and so far the only thing I'm really seeing different is:

- background can now be set to 8 primary (blinking) colors - assigned to each group item

- ability to display system values in decimal or hexadecimal (or has that been there an I just never noticed?)

- ability to lock the programming on the radio with a password (I'm guessing some users got their hands on a PPS and decided to change the programming on their organizationally issued pager....)

I'm suspect the other items are not as obvious and/or things that all folks will notice.....

Interested in seeing this in action.... but assume based on the way it is written there is no change to the mute status.... we'll see.

Added “encryption” icon in the UI and the message box record list for received encrypted messages.

Jimco

This one's not going so well for me. I successfully flashed the firmware, but every time I receive a transmission, my radio crashes and reboots. I'm going to try reflashing it now to see if that helps. :(

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I have 2 G4 units, first one updated with no issues. second one updated and wiped all programming. Followed same procedures for both.
Not a major issue for me but thought i would chime in.

Anybody else think the audio sounds a bit better, clearer? I do.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
This one's not going so well for me. I successfully flashed the firmware, but every time I receive a transmission, my radio crashes and reboots. I'm going to try reflashing it now to see if that helps. :(

I had that issue with one of my G5 units in the previous firmware and had to reflash several times before it stabilized. The same happened with the new firmware but on the other G5…although this time it only needed one reflash. The 2nd reflash also erased the user memory this time, where it's not done that previously.

troymail

Silent Key

I had this problem in September with the last one -- reflashed with a different PC and it worked fine (then)...

Status
Not open for further replies.